Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Relax? No, YOU relax. 

You’re the one who apparently can’t stand a different opinion.

Edgy??? What the hell was edgy about it??? The pacing wasn’t worth mentioning, and I didn’t see anything particularly contemporary about any of it except the awful music used in the opening minutes.

• Members

OK, I agree with a lot you say here.

The stuff with Scott was especially bad. Zach asks leading questions and Scott the potential Pulitzer winner doesn’t realize it as he feeds Zach crucial and secret information? Huh? 

Sally would NOT have done this. I’ll take Sally any day before shortcuts and punchy plot garbage like this.

The truth is, they’re WAY late in amping up the believability and realism of the sex ring story. Someone should have been killed long before this. Why not Crystal? 

Instead we we got a lameass wimp who created a dating app and who’s dating an heiress — and who’s a sex ring leader??? My God.

• Members

Its funny people whine and complain we have dont have new blood in daytime and when they put Mal in charge who came from UK we are complaining. Yesterdays YR was great thought the pace was great and love the direction of the show. In last two weeks show has been much better. Sally was a total hack. She had zero stories going on, she pimped Victoria/Billy as a supercouple, wasted Gina Tognoni and again lowest ratings ever. People were not yearning for the old Bell way of writing. U cant go back 30 years. Todays audience is different.

• Members

30 years ago they had over 10 million viewers.  Today they barely have 4.

And if today's audience is one that thinks Jean Passanante gives intelligent psychological writing and believes that Shelly Altman is taking them on a thrill ride.... I'd rather Y&R be Y&R than cater to the LCD that shares those opinions.

• Members

Vicky being poisoned by inhaling ...I thought what Billy said...Cane is poisoning her a la Dynasty....instead its some sorry ass face cream?...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Scott is such a wimp. What happened to the tough reporter who went after stories in very dangerous locations? And yes Scott...your mom and Paul are very close friends ....hey they were even married!

Paul going by the book? He really believes that Scott killed that woman?....LOL  And why didn't he call Lauren?

Dina just had a stroke and she's laughing it up at some hotel/resort?...ok......LOLOLOLOLOL

Zack just killed a woman and tried killing Alice(not sure if she alive though) and we are to believe this guy loves someone and has a heart?...ok......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Members

+1

I'm sorry Paul just seems so awful...Never has a clue, then again he always has been used to having chipmunk Kevin with him.  

He isn't the detective or cop he used to be years ago when Tyrone, Amy, Andy were around. It's all gone. Paul is a shell of his former self.  I also don't like him, he always lets the good people get nailed and the bad ones he hangs with.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing with Dina drinking martini's with female friends when she acted like she was all alone?

Scott looked like the politician from the Godfather who was set up with a prostitute who ended up dead in his bed. I seriously can't.

I don't even want to begin on Abby.  She is written to be so much like an airhead. Sad cause the Actress is very pretty. I happened to like Marcy as Abby a lot better though.

Seems so strange how Jack is ok with Phyllis and he doesn't blame her for her part in the affair and is always ready to take Phyllis back no questions asked and I used to like that about his relationship with her but I feel she uses that to her advantage and has used him over and over.

It's why she repeats what she does cause he doesn't set her straight about hurting him. He has to mean it before he takes her back and I find it sad he is made to look like he forgives an outsider who has broken many families apart on the show.

Archived