Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

If Santa Barbara circa 1987 had been paced like Y&R circa 1987, how long would Eden have been paralyzed on SB?  How long would Eden have been stuck with Cain Garver in Utah?  How long would Eden have been married to Kirk Cranston?  (I know Eden and Kirk were a married couple in 1985-86, but...)

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Buddy, u know I love you, but you gotta stop!  That's so far off topic, I don't know where to begin..... perhaps a question u could pose more appropriately in the SB thread?  Nobody watching 2017 Y&R gives a hoot about 1987 Y&R pacing being injected into a 1985 Santa Barbara storyline.

• Members

An observation. From memory, I believe the initial Scott/Zack scene was at Crimson Lights during the day. 

Though they moved on fairly quickly to The Underground (where, to be fair, the time of day/night is open to interpretation due to lack of natural light) I think Billy had got into the apartment before that had occurred. 

• Members

Sally and Kay had the lowest ratings YR has in 10 years. They failed and sometimes u cant go back and recreate the past..Mals first episode was edgy, well paced and contemporary. So much better then anything Sally but onscreen. Sally also had the shortest run of any head writer.

• Members

Well, when the episode started off with Victoria as the first person we see. Sigh.

The episode wasn't that terrible, I guess. But I don't have high hopes.

Chelsea is so irrelevant it's not even funny. I like MCE, but why on earth are they keeping her around?

The actor playing Scott remains horrible and today proved it even more. I liked the twist with Zack, I suppose.

At least the show felt like it had some energy I suppose.

I'm finding Tognoni a bit over the top right now TBH. And Thompson's Billy just seems unlikable and sleazy. I could do with a long vacation from the Victoria and Billy Show.

• Members

Scott's actions including blurting out the identity of the sex worker kind of undermined his reputation of being a top notch investigative reporter.  Just the other day, Scott talked about the importance of being discreet now he's talking all about the investigation, including tracking the LLCs to a guy he barely knows?

Please register in order to view this content

Also, by the time I was in middle school, my mother had taught me never to leave my food and/or drink unattended, especially around people I'm unrelated to (and I mean close relatives, not those occasional interlopers that you hear from once in 10 years). Stupid stupid stupid.

I'm not opposed to MY moving the sex trade story along as it does need to end soon. The Zach character is creepy smarmy and lacks any type of charm and charisma and he and Abby are boring anyway.

Are Phyllis and Billy being played for laughs?  Just asking.

Also, it doesn't look like we'll be seeing any less of Victoria for the foreseeable future. Looks like all the writing regimes of the past decade have that much in common.

Also, Victoria's an heiress who apparently couldn't hire a top makeup artist? 

Hilary and Lily were the most amusing out of today's episode.

The scene between Jack and Ashley with the record player and music was actually kind of touching.

Today's episode had a frenetic pace to it.

Archived