Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kinda like the Jack thing I mentioned earlier which was jarring. Ha! Case for twerks to the script proven.

WATCHING WEDNESDAY'S EPISODE FROM LAST WEEK AND...

...AWWW HELL TO THE NO.  You had Cane talk to Jill off screen and all of a sudden he gets to bounce back and is already in Billy's face being smug.

Uh...no. What of the best stories has been Cane's well deserved fall from grace. I at least wanted to see how low he would go to get back to the top. This? Is just whiplash. I'm gonna need him to have several seats.

• Members

Unfortunately, I think most female characters on Y&R who possess spark and are paired with Nick end up LOSING said spark; and that's because Nick (and JM) just sucks the life out of everyone around him.  As it is, Lily tends to blend into the wallpaper for me, so if she hooks up with Nick...?  Oh Gawd.

• Members

I just watched Wednesday’s episode (it’s starting to appear online, thank you Canada) and there is a definite tonal shift and yes, the pace has increased. 

It’s like watching the show on fast forward, ‘dramatic’ and ponderous pauses already consigned to history. And is it telling that Amanda Beall was given the script? Whereas most of the recent new head writers have begun with Janice Ferri Esser/Natalie Minardi Slater or any longer term writers to capture the ‘essence’ of Y&R

No spoilers in this post, mind. 

• Members

If it makes you feel better read the interview finally and he does admit that while the '1 day, 1 episode' is the format he will using, he also admits that he is realistic enough to know that might be some times where he can't do that due to nature of story.

Like you I am worried about how that would effect cliffhangers. Saw a bit of spoiler below...well for me since I have not gotten to those episodes yet so I don't see this format working for long. Can't keep the tension up.

Oh...almost forgot...sounds like there might be times when the following episode would pick up from the one before. Maybe.

Sounds uh oh-y to me.

Can't wait to get a feel for everyone else's opinion tomorrow.

• Members

Did Lily basically call Nick dumb in today's episode?  She talked about wanting to abandon her responsibilities, be a little reckless and have sex with an "uncomplicated" guy like Nick.

Please register in order to view this content

Uncomplicated as in simple? Seems like she's calling Nick simple, or a simpleton.

• Members

She's not!

Please register in order to view this content

Y&R has done plenty of mediocre but there are a handful of things they've done right recently.

One thing Y&R has done over the last year is construct good breakup scenes between married couples. The Jack/Phyllis and the Lily/Cane squabbles scenes were pretty good in illustrating the squabbling and disagreements as a relationship is fracturing.

• Members

It wouldnt surprise me if Natalee Minerdi and Janice Ferri learned how to write these kinds of scenes when Jean P was hw. Jean is a master at breakup scenes like Atwt when carjack broke up on the staircase. The biz gave her so many enthusiastic  bravas for that writing.

Archived