Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

You're not crazy. The show is so bad, slow, that I'm sure others like me are reading day-ahead to see if show is worth watching. IMO, it's not. SSM's damage has been far too great in such a short period of time. And since MY's hands have had to be involved, I'm not optimistic about the near-term. 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I seem to be the only person who is actually enjoying the show.  It has flaws, no doubt, but for daytime television, it's the most entertaining soap on the air to me.  I hope to hell that Dina remains an integral part of this show.  She is certainly the most entertaining character right now.  I also love to see what she's wearing.  Wardrobe has done a magnificent job of dressing her  and keeping it age appropriate.

• Members

Your not alone.  Those who love the show stopped chatting here because of as$ Holes like 'Hunk Chandler Massey' aka 'Soapsuds'.  The small group of people who post here drove the lovers away. 

I'm amazed how well Marla Adams can act at this age.  Eileen Davidson is so wonderful.

• Members

I am in the minority of enjoying the show too. I agree there are some things that aren't so good. It is the closest thing to old school soaps we are going to get.

In 6 months I can see it now:

Jack Ashley Victoria Phyliss and Ravi are in an elevator. The cable breaks. Who will survive?

Nick  AND Faith are going for a ride in the country. Nick stops to go in a store. Faith steps out and is killed by a hit and run driver who happens to be Adam!

The young people are at the Abbot Cabin. A snow storm hits and a serial killer starts knocking them off one by one. It is Fen who went crazy when he finds Tessa and Mariah and Charlie and Reed in bed.

YAY !  Y and R is back again.

Written by Jean Passanante and Hogan Sheffer back from retirement! Jonny and Jerry rejoice!

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek)

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

She's been brilliant, especially today. Something that stands out about Eileen Davidson is how she gets her emotions across without chewing a bunch of scenery. 

I've enjoyed having the Abbotts front and centre. Even though Jack and Billy are still at one another's throats, having Tracy there has been wonderful. The addition/return of Marla Adams has been the highlight of 2017 for me. It's a true testament of how viewers much care about long-time characters, core families.

I thought this line was great: "I woke up Ashley's brother. I'll go to sleep Ashley's brother. Nothing's going to change that."

• Members

I enjoy the show too actually. It’s the only one of the four that I still regularly watch.

I’m Sooooooo glad they had Hilary be human and acknowledge her friendship with jack and not use the footage. Hopefully the writers are smart enough to not change that and ruin these two.

• Members

SSM's writing has not been impressive but to say the damage is far too great is something I can't agree with. The damage had been inflicted by the likes of MAB,Sheffer and Pratt and SSM tried to steady the ship somewhat.

There was alot that had to be righted and there still is, but as a writer I'd rather be taking over from Sally than some of the previous regimes.

Archived