Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a major problem with the show, and the other soaps, the pacing is off.  Has there been any follow up since the accident at all?  It seems like the show will focus on one plot for two weeks or so.. then it gets to a certain place in story and it falls to the background while another plot takes over... and this happens doing important moments that require follow up

• Members

Which is a huge miss on the show. Lauren is the perfect Y&R character - legacy from the Jabot-intro era, relevant ties to everyone in town, grown-up bad girl, who is warm/loving/rarely weak, intelligent, solid career, etc. And Tracey has always had that 'it' thing - she just connects and I've never seen her phone it in.  Lauren can be dropped into almost any storyline. In fact, Lauren and Jack should Hilary's mentors and friends. 

DIna's story is resonating. Monday's POP ratings just released:

129    YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, T    POP    7:00 PM    60    0.06    518

Keep in mind, while down from Friday, last Monday's show did not even make the cable Top 150. 

• Members

She told them that she and Scott went to visit Alice in the hospital but she'd disappeared.

+1. The one thing I've always disliked in the post-Alden years is the need to retcon history for agendas.

Take the current Ashley story for example. Traci & Jack tell Abby her Mom has had a single nervous breakdown as if she only experienced the one.

Ashley is a strong character but she's always been unable to deal with stressful emotional situations. She either breaks down or runs away. Instead of Y&R writing to that, they have her screaming & becoming violent.

Lauren lost any worth when Y&R decided to use her to prop Kevin. All of her previous history was trashed so Y&R could turn her into his number one supporter.

Why would a woman who had intimate knowledge of what it felt like to be terrorized AND BURIED ALIVE by a sexual predator suddenly decide a serial pedophile was infinitely redeemable? Exactly.

• Members

Stitch and Barton two crossed my mind, although Barton was treated as if he were little more than a dayplayer himself (did we ever see him outside of the hospital?), I admit that Nate didn't because I was thinking of the relationship between Ashley and Olivia, and if Olivia were the chief of staff, how poignant those scenes might have been with Olivia stuck between observing hospital protocol and loyalty to a dear friend with those scenes where, no doubt, she'd be forced to referee between Ashley, the Abbotts and Graham. 

ED, BM and even PB did a good job but it could've been even more intense had Olivia been trapped in the middle trying to do her job and keep order in the hospital, while trying to comfort her friend.

Archived