Sign in to follow this  
GSGfan2017

Dancing with the Stars: Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, dragonflies said:

I am sure they are doing this to let things cool off from this past season's disaster. Because it had already been reported that ABC had upped it for one more year. I'd rather it be canceled after this past season's hot mess.

1 minute ago, Soapsuds said:

I am sure they are doing this to let things cool off from this past season's disaster. Because it had already been reported that ABC had upped it for one more year. I'd rather it be canceled after this past season's hot mess.

It’s weird that article doesn’t mention the poor demo ratings, which I’m sure was the deciding factor. They should have only done one cycle a season a long time ago.

28 minutes ago, Costello said:

It’s weird that article doesn’t mention the poor demo ratings, which I’m sure was the deciding factor. They should have only done one cycle a season a long time ago.

They use to have the demo win over The Voice...and they lost that....so they still had the total viewers over The Voice and they lost that too this past season.  The Voice pulls in better demos and Total Viewers than DWTS does.

12 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

They use to have the demo win over The Voice...and they lost that....so they still had the total viewers over The Voice and they lost that too this past season.  The Voice pulls in better demos and Total Viewers than DWTS does.

I’m pretty sure that The Voice has usually led in the demos by a wide margin, since it skews a lot younger, but DWTS had usually led in total viewers. That didn’t mean much, but now ABC can’t even claim those bragging rights. (Of course, DWTS was many seasons in when The Voice premiered, so it wasn’t a buzzy show anymore.)

NBC will soon run into the same issue with viewer fatigue from too many Voice cycles. It’s still good at launching shows, as Manifest and New Amsterdam both have done well this season.

Edited by Costello