Dancing with the Stars: Discussion Thread

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m somewhat interested in seeing what Kenya Moore does. 

Tyra is terrible as a host. She has zero rapport with the judges, which was one of Tom Bergeron’s many strengths. She’s very mechanical and not very present, so you can feel her rushing the judges to keep the show running on time.

• Members

The demos for the show improved a lot with Tyra, so maybe not? It’s not at all the show it was, so the longtime fans really have had trouble adjusting. A lot of the complaints are from a certain demographic who often have issues with black women, so I do look at some of the kvetching sideways. But after her America’s Got Talent debacle, it’s clear live hosting isn’t Tyra’s strength. And DWTS does now feel like a Tyra vehicle. There used to be a lot of time spent on backstage interviews after the judges’ scores (with Erin Andrews), and, in the background, you could see the contestants and professional dancers chilling, bonding, supporting each other, and interacting. That’s all gone now. Tyra does all the interviews with the pairs alone right on the dance floor after they’ve done their routines and heard their scores, and she’s just not a very warm presence.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

A year later and she still is. She's so fake.

This. It lacks warmth. Tyra comes off as fake and uninterested. Tom had a charm to him. You believe he cared about the contestants and that he was close to the dancers. It was SUCH a mistake to dump him. I've really lost interest.

The "celebs" also don't really interest me. I find myself caring less and less each season, apart from a few (I have no interest in Lori Loughlin's spoiled daughter; they only went with her because Lori said no, IMO). Lots of Tyra friends ... but that's how she sold herself to them as host. I'd still argue she hasn't really brought any 'big' names.

I think ABC was smart to tie up Derek as a judge, and I LOVE Len is back (he's why I'm trying to watch this season) but the 'rush the judges' thing is annoying. Pacing is a big problem with DWTS lately.

This has become a prime example of "don't fix what isn't broken"

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I know last year they were in bubbles so it made sense why they did not have everyone interacting. Since they had a regular pro dance I hope the teams get to know each other and cheer for each other. Those bonds and unexpected friendships make the show more interesting. I miss Tom because he had relationships with the judges and pros which would take a lot of time to develop.

• Members

They so want those viral moments.

I don’t even understand why BAG and Sharna would *want* to dance together. Talk about potentially putting a strain on a new-ish relationship.

Maybe BAG wants to brag a bit, considering his ex Megan Fox is all loved up on Machine Gun Kelly everywhere you look.