Dancing with the Stars: Discussion Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I both understand and don't understand pairing Sharna and Brian. I like Brian but honestly I think Sharna could do better

Please register in order to view this content

And yup. They want those viral moments. When you think about it, a lot of shows seem driven by the desire to have 'viral moments'

Yep. 

My Mom loved DWTS. She watches The Voice now. Not even joking lol. I've never cared much for The Voice for whatever reason. It's interesting because I thought my Mom wouldn't like Tyra when she hosted America's Got Talent, but she did (Tyra was much better there IIRC) but yeah dumping Tom was a HUGE mistake. 

I believe ABC saw "an old white guy" hosting and Tyra was an appealing replacement. It just hasn't worked.

Now NBC has got him. NBC always picks up Fox and ABC personality's that are discarded. LOL

• Members

Ariana is a nice addition to The Voice, but I’m kinda over that show. It’s always been about the celebs and their banter. Which works if you love the celebs and their chemistry, but it gets old, even with a new panelist every few years. The show I really love is Songland, with a panel of star songwriters like Ryan Tedder judging and workshopping songs with aspiring songwriters, who pitch songs for a different artist each week. It’s a great window into that creative world.

I totally agree that ABC saw “old white guy” with Tom, but they didn’t see the value in that particular “old white guy.” If they were aiming for a change, someone with more warmth (like a Nick Cannon or a Cat Deeley, who are great hosts on their Fox shows) would have been better. 

Last year, I remember Artem’s partner was injured, and he stopped by during the live show to chat with Tyra and update everyone on his partner’s condition. After the interview was over, Artem was just standing there while Tyra was introducing the next performance, and Tyra sorta scooted over so Artem wouldn’t be in her shot. That’s the kinda vibe I get from her.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

The Artem story sums her up perfectly. EDIT: Tom would have included Artem in his shot. Sums them both up. They have to see it. And truthfully I think they set up her BTS, but I have no tea on that. Just a hunch. Or she's just *really* bad. I tend to think the latter but she seemed fine on AGT.

Yeah, the show needs a host who can keep the flow and pacing and have some energy, personality and warmth. 

I also don't think they'd ever admit 'it was a mistake' as that would be bad optics. So they're likely 'stuck'. Or tone deaf.

They definitely didn't value Tom and what he brought. They had up until then it felt like. They found it 'old fashioned' (yet remained modern and timely) but forgot that was part of it's appeal. 

Ariana does seem like she has livened up The Voice. It's a good concept and I don't dislike the show (feels a bit overrated and I think any competition show shouldn't have two seasons a year - you burn out faster), just never really got into it.

Edited by KMan101

• 2 weeks later...