Hockey is back, anyone as FREAKIN excited as I am!

Mitchapalooza

• Members

The Leafs are my team and I at the start of the season wasn't expecting much but they have certainly played better out of the gate than I thought. I think somewhere 6th-8th is a reasonable expectation. I hope anyway.

As for the Predators no they didn't add much in the offseason but they are one more year older, one more year experianced. And of course Voukun.... that first round playoff series in 2004 against the red wings really helped this team I think and then they added Paul Kariya to the mix. This team has been given time to grow with alot of the same players who started there in 1998-99 (their first season). Barry Trotz the coach has been there since day one so this is Nashville's time. I am so happy to see them undefeated. Its good for Nashville and the NHL overall. I do think eventually they will come down to eart a bit as do all teams but with this start all they gotta do practically is play .500 hockey from this point in and they basically are guaranteed a playoff spot... and with the way they have been playing they will play alot better than .500 hockey.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And it looks like the STREAK is over for the Predators. Columbus beat them tonight 3-2, hading the Pred's their first loss of the season.

Of ALL the teams to lose against, how ironic!

At least they STILL grabbed a point out this matchup and they still have not lost in regulation.

What is with these no-loss teams losing to crappy teams, first Carolina ends Ottawa's no loss streak and now Columbus ends their first loss....STRANGE!

• Members

Mitch, I think it has to do with the better teams as in Nashville and Ottawa in this case overlooking Carolina and Columbus and the fact that the two bad teams had the chance of making themseleves feel better even though their team isnt doing too well this season as long as they beat an undefeated team. Columbus and Carolina probably played their hearts out while Nashville and Ottawa just didnt care and half assed the whole game. I watched more than half of the game and the Preds looked awful the whole night, like they thought they had the win before they even started to play. Even though they lost at least they got a point for the OT loss.

• Members

Oh man, my Canucks were slaughtered out there in Dever, poor guys. I knew they wouldn't win this one, too much pressure and eagerness to get this game over with (considering the media hooplas surrounding it).

Now that it is past them, I expect the REAL Canucks team to come out on Saturday and take the Divealanche to task.

On the whole though, despite the score, Canucks outshot the Avalanche and they set a Vancouver Canuck record by not allowing the Avalanche a SINGLE shot on goal through the entire 3rd period (too bad they didn't play this well in the 1st and 2nd cause if they had they would have OWNED the Av's)

• Members

Toronto really had surprised me out of the gate with their play and then came along a stinker like last nights game. Man those Sens are on a flying roll. Even as a Leaf fan I am technically supposed to hate the Sens but lol I cannot hate a team that is so friggin skilled. Leafs hopefully can rebound against Florida but lol if they don't improve their play against divisional teams like Ottawa well it could be a long season in T.O.... we shall see what the month of November brings.

Archived