Hockey is back, anyone as FREAKIN excited as I am!

Mitchapalooza

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I HAD to bump up this thread!

The Preds beat the Red Wings back to back nights at Detroit! I am shocked, and now the Preds are the #1 seed in the Western Conference. At least I think so because both Detroit and Nashville have 68 points but the Preds have beat Detroit 2 out of 3 so I assume the Preds get that tiebreaker.

Game 1: Detroit had 41 shots at goal and the Preds only had 13(14 if you count the one they had before the game even started because of what happen last game with that guy having a seizure) Without Tomas Vokoun the Preds wouldnt be anywhere near first or tied for first.

Game 2: Preds 2, Red Wings 1 F O/T!

I still cant believe the Preds are doing this good and are 31-12-6 and have either won or gained a point in their last 9 games. The NHL lead is 70 with Ottawa and Carolina, so Nashville at least points wise is close to #1 in the entire NHL, who would have thought? NOT ME!

• Members

Sorry to rain on your parade, and trust me I am just as overjoyed that the Preds are giving the Deadwings a run for the Central Division, however, The Preds are still in 4th place in the West, even with the wins against Detroit.

In the case of tie in points, the team with the game in hand goes head, if that is irrelevant, then they go by # of wins (which is the tiebreaker in this case) and this Detroit moves ahead to #1 as they have 1 more win than the Preds.

However, a Detroit loss (hopefully to my Canucks tomorrow night) and a Pred win will put the Preds in first (I think).

Archived