Hockey is back, anyone as FREAKIN excited as I am!

Mitchapalooza

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sens handled the LA Kings quite nicely by defeating them 5-1. Leafs play their first western conference opponent tonight, the Sharks and their new franchise player in Joe Thorton. Boston Bruins continue to make trades that make you go huh? San Jose will make the playoffs because of this you just watch and Boston will not.

• Members

Thanks for clearing that up Mitch!

But Nashville being a 4 seed wouldnt they be playing the 5 seed in LA, not the Calgary Flames.

But wouldnt it look like this

#1 vs #8

#2 vs #7

#3 vs #6

#4 Nashville vs #5 LA Kings

NHL Standings 2005-2006

National Hockey League

1.)Ottawa 20-4-0 40 points 12-2-0 at home 24 games played

2.)Detroit 18-7-2 38 9-4-1 27

3.)Nashville 17-4-3 37 13-2-0 24

3.)NY Rangers 17-8-3 37 9-2-2 28

5.)Dallas 17-7-1 35 9-5-1 25

5.)Calgary 16 9 3 35 10-2-2 27

5.)Montreal 15 7 5 35 9-4-2 27

8.)Carolina 16 8 2 34 9-4-0 26

8.)Vancouver 16 9 2 34 11-1-0 27

8.)Philadelphia 15 6 4 34 10-3-2 25

A few great things the Preds have currently:

Fewest losses in all of the NHL tied with Ottawa, most home wins in the league, and tied for 3rd in the league in points while only playing 24 overall games. Look how big that game was last week with the Preds and Red Wings, if play would have resumed the winner of that game would be the number 1 team in the Western Conference right now.

This week Nashville won all 3 home games beating quality opponents in Philly, Minnesota, and Calgary. Its good to be a Preds fan right now!

:D

• Members

If the Preds win tonight they will take over the #1 postion in the whole Western Conference, and only be behind Ottawa for the most points in all of hockey! I cant believe the Preds are doing so well this late into the season.

• Members

AWESOME game tonight between the #2 team in the West (Vancouver) and the #1 team in the league (Ottawa).

Vancouver played an outstanding game, dominating the play for most of the game. Had Domink Hasek not played so damn good, the score would have been alot different.

This game was so intense though, so many good chances for both teams, then it went to Overtime and nothing, then to A shootout that needed EXTRA shooters, with Daniel Sedin netting the game winning goal, all this with Vancouver back-up goalie Alex Auld in net.

There was lots of penalties in this game, good calls on both sides and some damn questionable ones on both sides aswell (Nucks had 10 penalties, Sens had 13), which combined only resulted with 1 goal, which is a HUGE statement about both teams penalty killing (except for the SHG the Nucks let in on that early PK). IMO if the Nucks meet the Sens in the Stanley Cup Final it is going to be one hell of a match-up that is definetly going to entertain.

SO happy my Nucks came out with the win that was very much deserves, not many teams can say that when playing the outstanding Sens.

This puts Vancouver back into first place in the NW Division over Calgary (who will undoubtely be playing a pissed off Sens team tomorrow night), and back into the #2 spot in the West.

Now Im gonna hope and pray that the Sens tear those damn Flames apart tomorrow night!! GO SENS GO!

Van's next game is against another hot team the NY Rangers, if they play like they did in this game I am defiently not going to be worried, the Canucks need to keep the momentum rolling during this east coast roadtrip.

• Members

Mitch I agree, what a fantastic game! Shootouts, Vancouver never had one!

I don't mind the Sens losing if they lose to good teams, so I had no problem accepting the fact that Vancouver played an amazing game!! Geez the Sens need to work on that top line and stop depending on Hasek (who again was stellar yesterday).

Did you see that sign someone had up? See you in June? Hopefully it is Vancouver & Ottawa this year!

• Members

Yeah how bitter am I? I was in Toronto at the ACC for the 8-0 devestation.

On Sat I went to the Corel Centre for the 8-2 hurt. This Leaf's fan is sick of shelling over $$$ for mega losses.

But in GREAT FANTASTIC AMAZING NEWS: CHEECHOO GOT A HATTRICK, Game Winner and SHP... and he's in on my pool team and I had a last minute unbenching and put him on! Yes!

• Administrator

Canada's Olympic team:

Goaltenders

Martin Brodeur

Roberto Luongo

Marty Turco

Defence

Rob Blake

Adam Foote

Ed Jovanovski

Scott Niedermayer

Chris Pronger

Wade Redden

Robyn Regehr

Forwards

Todd Bertuzzi

Shane Doan

Kris Draper

Simon Gagne

Dany Heatley

Jarome Iginla

Vincent Lecavalier

Brad Richards

Joe Sakic

Ryan Smyth

Martin St-Louis

Joe Thornton

Reserves

Bryan McCabe

Jason Spezza

Eric Staal

Okay, I understand that TPBT want to go with experience, but how could they not include Staal and Spezza on the team........they are FOURTH in the NHL in scoring!

4. Jason Spezza - 13 (goals) 34 (assist) 47 (points)

4. Eric Staal - 24 (goals) 23 (assist) 47 (points)

SHANE FREAKIN DOAN????????!!!!!!!!! Come on now. What a joke. :angry:

Kris Draper? Okay maybe for the penalty kill so I'll let that go.

St-Louis isn't doing well this year. If they wanted him to be on the team, put him on reserves.

I know we'll win the Gold medal, but this is so disrespectful to Staal and Spezza, IMO. They're going to be Canada's future, so why not let them play now?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Time to bump this thread up!

If the Preds win tonight they will tie Detroit with 59 points! The Preds have been playing so many games lately it feels like they play daily now. Atlanta has been playing better so it will be toug I just cant believe the Preds have a chance to tie the Red Wings this late into the season

Archived