Hockey is back, anyone as FREAKIN excited as I am!

Mitchapalooza

• Members

Whoo hoo another win for the Canucks with their defeat of the Colorado Avalanche tonight in Van City, by a score of 6-4 (though 3 of the Av's goals were scored in the span of 1 minute and 30 seconds with 3 mins left in the 3rd as the Canucks thought they had a 5-1 victory wrapped up and sealed and decided to stop playing hockey for the final minutes of the game.

Despite their total breakdown in the last mins of the 3rd, the Canucks played a really great game against their biggest NHL rivals and definetly deserved the win.

The Canucks are now 5-0 in their last 5 games, and move to an overall of 7-1-1 with 15 points.

Next up is those pesky Minnesota Wild.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I managed to score tickets over the weekend to the Leafs/Bruins game tonight down at the ACC in Toronto here. Man what a game. Best live game experiance I had had ever. 5-4 shootout win for the Leafs with Eric Lindros scoring the SO winner. Belfour was peppered with 50+ shots and while let in some softies early was nothing short of brilliance in the 3rd period and OT as leafs kept getting penalized! GO LEAFS GO! :) TIED FOR 1ST IN THE DIVISION....

mind you with 3 other teams heheh :P

• Members

The Power Ranking came out on ESPN today and they have the Preds #2, hell yeah! With the Red Wings #1 and Ottawa and the Canucks #'s 3 and 4. As of now the Preds are the only undeated team in all of hockey, which is nothing short of a miracle.

• Members

The Preds look to be on their way to their 8th victory as when I last checked they were up 5-2 over the Blackhawks. Predators 8-0 who the hell wudda thunk it? Canucks were leading 3-1 too and Colorado just scored to make it 1-0 over Edmonton in the 2nd period. Watching on TSN :)

• Members

Nashville wins yet again 5-3 over Chicago and up next is the worst team in hockey besides the Penguins and that title goes to the Columbus Blue Jackets. detroit dismantled them the last 2 games, so I will be pissed if the BJ knock of my undefeated team. If we can somehow win tomorrow night, Saturdays game at home against the Oilers will tie the record for the best start in NHL history. I just cant believe the Preds are starting off this red hot!

• Members

Kirk I am dumbfounded by Nashvilles success (not to take anything away from it, obviously if they keep winning they deserve to)

I still don't understand how two big acquisitions in the off season is resulting in such success.

With the Blue Jackets next for the Preds, I don't see how they can't improve to 9-0 and the Oilers are simply put, sucking (although most of their losses are coming to very strong teams in the Northwest Division/Pacific Division). Should be a good game between Pred & Oilers, one I will get ot watch!

• Members

I wish I could go to the Preds/Oilers game this Saturday, but I am a bigger college football fan and must watch UT/SC which comes on ESPN/ESPN2 the same time the Preds play, plus I dont have any extra cash to spend for some tickets.

• Members

Forgot to add I was looking at the Preds schedule and they dont get the Red Wings at home until January 6th, what the [!@#$%^&*]?! They are in our division and we dont play them at home until 3 months into the season. On the bright side I will be back home(Christmas/winter break) in Nashville then, so I will definitely be there cheering on the Preds and by then they will hopefully be in either first or 2nd in their division.

Archived