GH: Actress leaving

• Members

Another one of my faves is leaving this industry -- but, as several have said already, she's leaving on her own terms, and I applaud her for it.

Here's to a well-deserved retirement, Jane Elliot.  GH, and daytime, won't be the same without you.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not really.

Y&R de-aged Diane when they recast the character with Susan Walters (54) & Maura West (45) but Original Diane Alex Donnelly will be 58 this year which isn't that far off from JE who just turned 70 (but who could pass for early 60's).

• Members

Good for Jane getting to leave when she's ready and not getting forced out, but I will really miss her. Even as the nicer, more mellow Tracy of the last year or so, Jane's presence was always welcome. You knew that she could make even a poorly written scene worth watching. Fingers crossed that Tracy's exit doesn't involve plans to chase after Luke. If his health is good enough, I'd love a Stuart Damon guest appearance before Jane leaves, where Tracy has one final scene with Ghost Alan. Those 2 actors always worked so well together.

• Members

At this point it wouldn't really have any meaning because no one is there to react, other than pop-ins from Ned and I guess that Ken doll son of hers is still around.

I'd rather she just leave in style, realizing nothing is left for her and she can finally stand on her own now that her family is gone.

• Members

I mostly just want one final scene with Monica, and then one where she looks at a photo of Lila and Edward (I'd prefer John Lewis but John Ingle is fine too) and says something like, "Goodbye Mommy. Goodbye Daddy." and then quietly leaves, with one last look back at the Q living room. 

• Members

I just suggested that killing her off might be best as Jane won't return most likely anyways. Might as well finish off the Qs. 

But I'd be content with her leaving in style and jet-setting the world as long as they don't have her chasing off after Luke (as aforementioned) and later reuniting with him. Just no. 

Archived