Dallas: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's interesting. Melody also said they wanted her to play Ben's wife on the Waltons, but signed with Y&R. Melody had also appeared in an episode of Eight Is Enough. All three were Lorimar shows.  Terry Lester also appeared in several of the Lorimar shows at this time (Dallas, Eight, etc...

David Jacobs said he wanted Stepfanie Kramer as Lucy, but the higher ups decided she should be a nifty blonde. He cast Kramer on his short lived series Marriage The First Year instead. Leigh J. McCloskey (Mitch) and Constance McCashin (Laura) also appeared on that series. 

At one time there was a huge photo online of the casts of The Waltons, Dallas, Eight Is Enough, and Marriage The First year circa 1979 all gathered together, but it has since vanished. 

• Members

I did not know this. I don't recall Melody Thomas Scott mentioning in her book that she was considered for Dallas. Besides, I don't get spoiled brat/princess energy from her.

Say what we will about Charlene Tilton acting but she had the spoiled brat/princess game on lock.

• Members

I remember seeing Melody Thomas on the Waltons as Ben’s spoiled girlfriend Darlene in a few episodes. I also remember her as a boarding school girl from The Fury (with Amy Irving). 

I think she could have pulled off Lucy.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Pictures & Videos from this past weekend Dallas reunion in Burbank.

Please register in order to view this content

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds