Dallas: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think Pam and Bobby (and Christopher) leaving Southfork in that red car, leaving JR all alone finally getting what he thought he wanted all those years would've been a good finale. The final shot would've been JR at that dining table, getting served by Teresa with nobody else there.

• Members

Sasha is doing double duty too. He was on Dallas and will be there too.

I was thing the same. 

The 40th Anniversary DVD of Three's Company was recently re released and now includes all the episodes of The Ropers and Three's A Crowd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sorry if this has been brought up already.

I'm watching from the beginning as I never started as a teenager until Bobby returned in the shower. At the beginning of S7 now and Barbara Bel Geddes hasn't been in the first several episodes. Was there a particular reason for this? She left for a season shortly after correct? Was she just trying to cut back on the number of episodes?

watching from the beginning the most shocking thing for me to discover was that Christopher was Kristen's child. I never knew that!! I just always knew that he had been adopted.  

• Members

I believe she underwent heart surgery and missed out on the earlier episodes and is replaced next season. I remember when I, similar to you, decided to watch all the eoisode from the very beginning not too long ago and noticed she was absent and thought that this would be the season Geddes gets replaced by Donna Reed but it's not. 

• Members

Yes, she had surgery after season 6 was over. She returned after missing 11 episodes I believe. Then after season 7 her contract was up. Barbara wanted more to do and a pay raise. The talks ended with no new contract and Bel Geddes walked and Miss Ellie didn't appear in the early episodes of season 8. 

Producers decided to recast with Donna Reed.