• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can dig it.

Agreed. I'm guessing that someone with the show figured that John Ross was the best tool for humanizing J.R., thus most of their interactions were as doting father and son. There's nothing wrong with that, of course (and Bobby and Christopher had a similar dynamic), but it does limit the dramatic possibilities.

• Members

I mean, I think the fact that Chris Atkins looked the way he did was intentional - Peter was never meant to represent a real threat to JR and if anything it became more sleazy because Atkins looked like a boy. They could've easily hired a 23-year old 6'3 stud, but then people might've actually taken the romance seriously.

• Members

I get that, but I'm just not quite sure what Sue Ellen would find appealing about Peter. Yes, he was boyish and a non-threat to JR's manipulation and power. However, I feel he should have been more rugged, maybe from the wrong side of the tracks-  initially pursuing Lucy but ends up trying to conquer Sue Ellen. He gives Sue Ellen the attention she wants and in some ways JR is intimidated. Peter does play a huge contrast to the men that Sue Ellen had been with before, but maybe I'm a bit bias because I don't find Chris Atkins appealing at all. 

• Members

Priscilla Presley is featured in this brief BTS video for Sofia Coppola's new film about her life with Elvis:

I have had very little time for Priscilla as Jenna on the show (or in her diabolical guest stint on Melrose Place), but I'll always be very fond of her because of the Naked Gun films.

• Members

I know TPTB at both shows (DALLAS and DYNASTY) seriously considered a crossover at one point, but I'm glad that the plans, if there were any, ultimately fell through.  IMO, DALLAS and DYNASTY were pitched differently.  DYNASTY was the epitome of glamour and high camp, whereas DALLAS seemed more grounded.  On the other hand, if DALLAS had ever considered a crossover with FALCON CREST, I think the results would have been quite interesting to watch, lol.

• Members

There was a crossover between EastEnders and Coronation Street in the UK some years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Street_(Children_in_Need)

There was also a crossover (sort of) between all the major British soaps just a few years ago.

EastEnders, Coronation Street and other soaps to crossover in historic TV event