Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well him not wanting to confide in immediate family members could be explained away too but they're doing the bare minimum to facilitate this story because it's not about Reed at all. It's about Billy. And how Victoria reacts to him.

Christian LeBlanc looks damn good for...just googled...58 (!) years old. Daddy.

I know everyone always goes on about how Michael is obviously gay and blah blah blah but Michael and Lauren are the only couple on the show with any goddamn chemistry. Every other official couple is either geriatric (Victor and Nikki), vomit inducing (Chloe and Kevin) or Cane and Lily (they're in their own category of repulsive).

Jack is a former addict, should he be drinking?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was watching yesterday I believe and he was at the Undeground with Noah. They were having some big performer on and lots of GC residents were there...btw I hate that set like MTS...anyways he moaned and complained when Noah went to see Sharon to be there for her. Nick: You are going to leave me here alone to run the place? You can't leave me here!.....I thought this is a grown ass man who is near 40 who hangs around at a sh!tty club that his son runs and doesn't work. This is Victor Newman's son?? Really?? Nick sounded like a grown baby crying to his father Noah because he was leaving him.....just so bad beyond words. Nick is such a loser.

• Members

I don't agree that kids of certain characters need to always have the same qualities as their parents. Nick has never been like Victor, and it makes sense to me that he'd be a spoiled douche bag. Victoria is most like Victor and that's fine. Not all kids are like their parents, but they should share some qualities. Nick is like his father in the sense that he controls situations. Look at the way he treats Sharon - very similar to Victor/Nikki's relationship. 

Im sure Sally is uninspired because there is nothing to write for. They're chemistry-less and dull. Chelsea is on the back burner where she belongs. 

• Members

Really? I think it was obvious that Nick was playing with Noah and wasn't serious at all about taking care of the club. And if "a grown ass man who is near 40" can't hang at a club, then why is Michael there? Or Lauren? Or Ashley? Or Phyllis? 

Nick doesnt work. So what? He has a half billion from daddy lol. I'd consider the easy life, too. I don't think that makes Nick a loser.

i know you don't like Josh Morrow and that you have company here. I just have to say I think he's good in this role and I don't want him cut or recast. There's only one character like Nick on daytime, and that's too JM's credit.

i also have no problem with Billy being a force in Reed's life. In fact, it makes sense to me. He's around for his own kids, and it's natural to see him at Victoria's. I don't see a 15 year old like Reed walking to Nick's place for advice or up to Grandpa's. It's MORE likely a teen that age would confide in a NON relative.

So what if that pushes the Villy story? It seems organic to me, and I trust SSM to avoid doing the same stories as done in the past with Villy.

• Members

I will miss IiiiI came back to this show when I quit working so I was so amazed at all the new stuff. I watched when they first began the show so things were different. However I really like most of the characters now but not so much of Sharon,  & Jill's husband or Jill today. Jill dictating to her grown son's like they are at most 10 yrs of age oh and her screeching similar to Victoria's. I like strong women like Phyllis, Sage (I know she is dead),  Ashley, Lauren.

Archived