Jump to content

Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Members

Well him not wanting to confide in immediate family members could be explained away too but they're doing the bare minimum to facilitate this story because it's not about Reed at all. It's about Billy. And how Victoria reacts to him.

 

Christian LeBlanc looks damn good for...just googled...58 (!) years old. Daddy.

 

I know everyone always goes on about how Michael is obviously gay and blah blah blah but Michael and Lauren are the only couple on the show with any goddamn chemistry. Every other official couple is either geriatric (Victor and Nikki), vomit inducing (Chloe and Kevin) or Cane and Lily (they're in their own category of repulsive).

 

Jack is a former addict, should he be drinking?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
2 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

That's because the writers continue to write Nick as a child. He has never grown up. It amazes me how he has children. It doesn't help either that Morrow's acting is that of a child...LOL

 

Hahaha. How Joshua Morrow has managed to stay employed for nearly 23 years is beyond me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
23 minutes ago, kalbir said:

 

Hahaha. How Joshua Morrow has managed to stay employed for nearly 23 years is beyond me.

I was watching yesterday I believe and he was at the Undeground with Noah. They were having some big performer on and lots of GC residents were there...btw I hate that set like MTS...anyways he moaned and complained when Noah went to see Sharon to be there for her. Nick: You are going to leave me here alone to run the place? You can't leave me here!.....I thought this is a grown ass man who is near 40 who hangs around at a sh!tty club that his son runs and doesn't work. This is Victor Newman's son?? Really?? Nick sounded like a grown baby crying to his father Noah because he was leaving him.....just so bad beyond words. Nick is such a loser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
13 minutes ago, Vee said:

Darn, I expect nothing less from you. I've seen your posts for years and you are clearly a despicable low-life. Stay classy till the end, dirtbag.

 

Okay. That did it. I actually just about fell over, that was very very good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

It does seem like SSM isnt that invested in Chelsea...but at the same time, shes busy trying to fix characters and reestablish ties and history.  Did SSM put an end to Nick/chelsea..or is that still in limbo?

 

Jill vs lauren looks promising...about time Jill was made aware of Fenmore and Jabot...I did like Lauren basically saying Jill has been busy with Chancellors and traveling...so at least the show gave sort of a reason why Jill hasnt been that involved.

 

The show needs to stop tryikg to make billy and victoria happen....they arent nicki/victor so just cut your losses show.  I did notice the show was writing victoria a little more assertive...but poor AH..she still sounds so passive and unsure of herself.  This isnt how Victoria would be acting...though i love that she has a bratty 15 year old...karma for how bratty she was at that age

Please register in order to view this content

Chelsea and Nick were previewed to have story this month, they didn't; they are supposed to have story this coming Feb so we will see!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I don't agree that kids of certain characters need to always have the same qualities as their parents. Nick has never been like Victor, and it makes sense to me that he'd be a spoiled douche bag. Victoria is most like Victor and that's fine. Not all kids are like their parents, but they should share some qualities. Nick is like his father in the sense that he controls situations. Look at the way he treats Sharon - very similar to Victor/Nikki's relationship. 

43 minutes ago, rlj said:

Chelsea and Nick were previewed to have story this month, they didn't; they are supposed to have story this coming Feb so we will see!

Im sure Sally is uninspired because there is nothing to write for. They're chemistry-less and dull. Chelsea is on the back burner where she belongs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

I was watching yesterday I believe and he was at the Undeground with Noah. They were having some big performer on and lots of GC residents were there...btw I hate that set like MTS...anyways he moaned and complained when Noah went to see Sharon to be there for her. Nick: You are going to leave me here alone to run the place? You can't leave me here!.....I thought this is a grown ass man who is near 40 who hangs around at a sh!tty club that his son runs and doesn't work. This is Victor Newman's son?? Really?? Nick sounded like a grown baby crying to his father Noah because he was leaving him.....just so bad beyond words. Nick is such a loser.

 

Really? I think it was obvious that Nick was playing with Noah and wasn't serious at all about taking care of the club. And if "a grown ass man who is near 40" can't hang at a club, then why is Michael there? Or Lauren? Or Ashley? Or Phyllis? 

 

Nick doesnt work. So what? He has a half billion from daddy lol. I'd consider the easy life, too. I don't think that makes Nick a loser.

 

i know you don't like Josh Morrow and that you have company here. I just have to say I think he's good in this role and I don't want him cut or recast. There's only one character like Nick on daytime, and that's too JM's credit.

 

i also have no problem with Billy being a force in Reed's life. In fact, it makes sense to me. He's around for his own kids, and it's natural to see him at Victoria's. I don't see a 15 year old like Reed walking to Nick's place for advice or up to Grandpa's. It's MORE likely a teen that age would confide in a NON relative.

 

So what if that pushes the Villy story? It seems organic to me, and I trust SSM to avoid doing the same stories as done in the past with Villy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
19 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

Victoria is Victor's child with Nikki's impulsive streak.

 

Nick is Nikki's child with Victor's temper.

Yup

17 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

 

Really? I think it was obvious that Nick was playing with Noah and wasn't serious at all about taking care of the club. And if "a grown ass man who is near 40" can't hang at a club, then why is Michael there? Or Lauren? Or Ashley? Or Phyllis? 

 

Nick doesnt work. So what? He has a half billion from daddy lol. I'd consider the easy life, too. I don't think that makes Nick a loser.

 

i know you don't like Josh Morrow and that you have company here. I just have to say I think he's good in this role and I don't want him cut or recast. There's only one character like Nick on daytime, and that's too JM's credit.

 

i also have no problem with Billy being a force in Reed's life. In fact, it makes sense to me. He's around for his own kids, and it's natural to see him at Victoria's. I don't see a 15 year old like Reed walking to Nick's place for advice or up to Grandpa's. It's MORE likely a teen that age would confide in a NON relative.

 

So what if that pushes the Villy story? It seems organic to me, and I trust SSM to avoid doing the same stories as done in the past with Villy.

Totally agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 I will miss IiiiI came back to this show when I quit working so I was so amazed at all the new stuff. I watched when they first began the show so things were different. However I really like most of the characters now but not so much of Sharon,  & Jill's husband or Jill today. Jill dictating to her grown son's like they are at most 10 yrs of age oh and her screeching similar to Victoria's. I like strong women like Phyllis, Sage (I know she is dead),  Ashley, Lauren.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy