Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chelsea hadn't done all that much but be a baby factory and whine about Adam....and be paired with EVERY guy in that 40's age range. So I take that back. You're correct. They've used her up in 5 years. 

They could reinvent her to make her work on the canvas still. But they'd have to give up on her being the show's main lead heroine. She could stir up alot of crap in the name of Connor's and Johnnie's best interest. But they've got to rethink her role and place on the show. 

• Members

Cane has got to go. Everything about the actor & character is what's wrong with post-classic era Y&R.

JT's Billy could be tolerable if Y&R stops unnecessarily shoving him into Victoria's story. If any character should be doing the job Billy's doing it should be NOAH.

• Members

It does seem like SSM isnt that invested in Chelsea...but at the same time, shes busy trying to fix characters and reestablish ties and history.  Did SSM put an end to Nick/chelsea..or is that still in limbo?

Jill vs lauren looks promising...about time Jill was made aware of Fenmore and Jabot...I did like Lauren basically saying Jill has been busy with Chancellors and traveling...so at least the show gave sort of a reason why Jill hasnt been that involved.

The show needs to stop tryikg to make billy and victoria happen....they arent nicki/victor so just cut your losses show.  I did notice the show was writing victoria a little more assertive...but poor AH..she still sounds so passive and unsure of herself.  This isnt how Victoria would be acting...though i love that she has a bratty 15 year old...karma for how bratty she was at that age

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I think the show is way too invested in Billy and vikki to turn away now. They've given them little kids and all. For better or worse on Y&R, those ties matter too much throw away. If one were leaving the show, they'd move on. But Billy and  vikki are seen as mainstay leads by those in charge. I just think they  are stuck and so are we. 

• Members

Noah or Nick should be Reed's confidant especially with the renewed focus on the Newman family relationships.

But Y&R wants to keep teasing a Villy reunion so Billy keeps getting pushed into the story even though it makes more sense for him to be trying to more focused on getting his own life together.

• Members

In an ideal world he'd be talking to anyone other than Billy. They haven't even made it a case of "You were my stepfather for years so I trust in you", it's just happening because Billy is...there.

This would make more sense if Reed was acting like a young Billy but I remember Billy and he was a real little sh!t. This dude is mild in comparison.

• Members

That's because the writers continue to write Nick as a child. He has never grown up. It amazes me how he has children. It doesn't help either that Morrow's acting is that of a child...LOL

Gawd yes!  Finally, something interesting happened!  If both characters return to their former selves with claws and all it could be spectacular!  I found it so odd how Jess Walton wanted to blurt out we are sisters but it never came out...LOL...

Of course there is Collin again....blah......

Totally agree. The need to get Billy out of Victoria's odor. Gawd I hate them together!

• Members

I could understand the writing if Reed had a lack of male role models in his life, but even without his bio dad being around there's (literally) 3 generations (Victor/Nick/Noah) of men in his family readily available for him to confide in before he should be acting like Billy is his only outlet. 

Archived