GH: October Discussion

The first thing i see i was the ginger wench Nina. Nina see's Smurfette's kid and she becomes obsessed with the child. Out of nowhere cartoonish villain Valentin takes off his mask and tells. Laura,Alexis.Lulu, Sam and Kevin that he owns Wyndemere. Lord almighty Franco was dressed as a mime clown. Sonny continues on his pity party having hallucinations about Morgan. All that took place in the first ten mins. I couldn't take anymore.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh please!  They dusted off the scripts from Robin's explosion.  Morgan will be alive; it was cheap, overblown theatrics for a character they ruined with dumb plot points.  It's all about the mob and every criminal on the show gets away with capital murder but they are heroes and sex symbols i.e. Julian.  The honest characters are played by non-actor/models who shouldn't open their mouths but do look pretty in tighty whities. 

• Members

TBF the writers really liked the buildup for months of plot (Carly/Sonny's view of the mob life, Julian getting off, Ava's manipulation) all of which led to Morgan's death. And this was the climax of a lot of that...allowing for the story to spin off in several different hopefully interesting directions.

That I can agree with. How long has it been since a soap (B&B start of last year maybe) taken several story threads and let them converge to an ending of sorts?

• Members

It is classic umbrella plotting.  But it felt flat instead of exhilarating for me.  Because they are boring writers and the show is bland and lack personality.  So their best work is great for them but nothing for me as a viewer.  And for a story that has built for a year, the payoff has to be stronger. 

• Members

Not to mention wtf is everybody but Nikolas so interested in that house?  The Cassadines took it over but it was Faison's before they arrived in the late 90's.

Valentin is a waste of a compelling, attractive actor.  Because he's too psychotic.  Stefan worked because you knew he was in love with Laura and Nikolas and hated Helena.  If they had been smart, just replay the Scotty/Laura/Luke triangle with Dante/Lulu/Valentin by making him dark but sympathetic and Lulu is drawn to him.  

• Members

There have been scenarios where "ghosts" could be used to help move story along.  For example, the one place where GH did it right was when Courtney appeared to Spencer and told him to try harder to get along with, who Spencer referred to, as "the townies".  With Morgan, it could have been a chance to show viewers why Morgan was so lovable to his parents, or, a chance for Morgan to let his father know he is still loved no matter what, or that he is forgiven.  Instead, it was all ugliness and wasted time.  I don't necessarily think Jelly is all bad, however, if they do things like they did with these ghost scenes, I will not hesitate to call them on it.  Not everything they do is "smart t.v.", as as a certain poster here would have us believe.  I have offered praise where I think they have earned it.

Archived