GH: July 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no problem and know that ABC pre-empted GH for this memorial service, but unlike what happened in Charleston, this was not a full national pre-emption with a broadcast at a later date. Canada saw the full episode, and if someone pays for Hulu they can view it as it has been posted. I was wondering if anyone on the board, saw the full episode or if they didn't if they had seen the end as only the 2 pm ET GH time slot lost the end of the episode, the 3 pm ET GH time slot lost the beginning. 

• Members

Nick Stabile cannot act.  And that mousy voice. On the other hand the replacement for Maxie is so much better than Storms and I hated her on Days.  Molly's presence actually helped Ryan's dubious acting.  And Bree is stupendous.  But they shouldn't turn her into crazy Nina.  The show is total camp but done much better than when Carlivati was going off the rails.  The Cassadine stuff is stupid but fun.  The Spencer/Laura stuff is really stupid and should've been left on the cutting room floor.  Bad bad bad.  

• Members

Today was the first time I watched GH since I'm not sure when (maybe January... I've been busy). I've been following the board here and there to know what's been going on, but in the last couple of months, I barely came on the board so I don't know a lot that's going on. I was curious: is Passante still headwriter or is it someone different?

• Members

Thanks, Soapsuds.

The show needs a shot of adrenaline, but I still prefer what I see over the Ron Carlivati latter years. Never wanna go back to that again. I still can't believe Nathan is still on this show and now he's got a driving storyline. The character is a dud-- hollow and pointless. And did Kristen Storms leave the show or get let go? I like her. I'm surprised that I liked this actress considering I hated, hated her on Days. But what's the story with this?

• Members

He got 2 cliffhangers last week to end multiple episodes. He had no real reaction to his scene. He basically just stood there with a blank look on his face. It doesn't help that the storyline is awful and the actors opposite him are horrible too.

• Members

Only Molly Burnett could make me miss Kirsten Storms as Maxie ... so glad it's just under a month left.

I binged a lot of episodes and fast-forwarded through a lot so just throwing out some random thoughts and snark ...

Ugh, why are we circling the drain with Darby, Kiki, Dillon and Morgan? Horrible actors and a complete non-story. Though dullsville Kiki and Dillon actually have slight chemistry. Kristina's boyfriend Aaron should have been a Morgan recast. And is that the nice pier set? It's become that? I know it's been on before but ugh.

Someone must really love NLG at this show because she's on left and right chewing the scenery while Benard remains flat and boring as hell. At least NLG tries.

Speaking of 'trying', we also get stuck with Sam and Jason on their moral high ground. Sam literally sleeping makes me laugh because of how Monaco sleepwalks through most of her scenes. Maura West is at least enjoying herself. Can we keep Stabile as Nikolas? I think he looks better with West anyway.

I like Laura and Kevin. LOL at how they have no idea what to do with Dante and Lulu. Thankfully Valerie's airtime has drastically been reduced.

A temp Maxie does nothing but make this Claudette/Nathan crap more awful to trudge through, and Nina's pissy fits are getting old. She's so draining. And that hair color is doing La Staff no favors ... it's nice seeing Curtis on a bit more ...

I like the red scrubs on the nurses ...

I don't hate Hayden, Finn or Tracy interacting, actually. Elliot makes them both ten times more bearable and interesting, but my GOD WHO CARES ABOUT FINN AND HIS DAMN MEDICINE?

Why are so many soap refugees being given story over those who have been there? So many worthless characters being given so much worthless airtime ...

• Members

I think with Molly, folks dislike her so much (not sure why), the hate is on auto pilot because from the little I've seen, she was doing fine as temp Maxie. Not sure if there's an actress on the planet that could cause me to miss that Daisy Duck wannabe, Storms!  She's awful and Maxie has not been interesting since 2007!  

Archived