GH: July 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, look at that. Someone is capable of a full post that actually creates a discussion ... but no to all of it. The show remains in the pits. Some of it's "better" but what's really better? Less trash? So many issues ... so little time ... will have to post a better post later.

• Members

Soapsuds u have vendetta against Jean P. Those ratings are great for todays climate plus its summer time people are vacationing. Its still higher then GHs all time low in 2012. Soapsuds i dont see u talk about Shelly Altman and how much shes contributed. I love these women at this show. It was dominated by male head head writers for too long.

• Members

They suck. The show is the exact kind of middling boring listless and pointless that Passanante and Altman bring to the table.  They are treading water writers, and each of their tenures shows this.

There is no magic in driving the ratings down.

In today's soap climate all the shows were showing success less than 3 years ago, and in some cases, less than two years ago after over a decade of decline.  They all stopped what was working and went right back to the old newbies and cheap shocks and regressive storytelling that was killing them.

The Crimson stuff with Nina, Fake fill in Maxie & Smurfette were awful. Krissy's sexual fluidity story is so meh. Why do Krissy's professor whatshername & Aaron have to both be so bland & basic? Don't really care whether Krissy likes guy's or girls. It's so funny i never see customers at Sonny's new coffee places. I guess that cheap looking coffee place has replaced Kelly's Diner. It's also funny that Nina's staff at Crimson consists of Maxie, Smurfette & Dillon. The only highlight in all this crap is Laura & Kevin. The faces the fat tub of lard known as Jason made while he was plotting the plane had me crack up.

• Members

This show...SMDH, how are you going to have an episode end with a plane, full of lead characters, making an emergency landing and not follow up in the next episode? This hospital serial killer story is so boring, as is the Claudette/Nathan/Maxie thing, and I want to poke out Griffin's eyeballs.

Archived