Y&R: June 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

This Sharon Baby Swap has got to end.  I just can't anymore.  I cracked up the other day...maybe it was last week when she mentioned Nick being suspicious or the way he looked at her, and Mariah said something like 'if he is suspicious, it's because of your crazy wild EYES.'  LOLLL.  How can you not see she's hiding something...she gets frantic over every single thing.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sharon's losing it, jumpy all the time, hallucinating Sage coming after her, I think she might be off her bi polar meds.  They had a scene of her I think it was yesterday taking a prescription pill bottle out of a drawer and then putting it back in without taking any.   My question is - is this supposed to be entertaining?  Watching a woman lose her mind over stealing someone else's baby and lying to her husband?  They never used to write Sharon as a bad person but lately she is a horrible lying bitch!  On the up side she has a job but how long is that going to last before she sets something on fire or bolts.  Billy and Phyllis are also horrible people, cheating on Jack.  I do think they are setting up a Hillary Jack "romance" (quotes because this show doesn't do any kind of recognizable romance anymore).  Yesterday Hillary seemed to be trying to manipulate Jack in some way while outing Neil for her kidnapping.  Confusing story line.  

The only thing I'm enjoying right now is the bartender that's banging Vicky, Luca and Summer (and Nick with them today was good), Victor and his doctor squeeze who I hope sticks around and Faith whenever she shows up.  

• Members

What's worse about Sharon is that she didn't create this mess. So rather than playing up her attachment to Chrully and that she knows what's it's like to have had TWO babies (Faith and Mariah) snatched from her, they are writing her as manipulative, crazy and heartless. Has Mariah even mentioned that she was hidden from Shaeon all those years? As I've said, the ONLY good thing has been bringing SC/CG together- they were strangely not interacting for quite some time. 

Gosh, I do love me some Hilary. MM has really had some great scenes since they finally decided to revert her to a confident woman. TGVN would be proud. ;) And strangely the Jack story works for me.  They have some history so it's not out of the blue. Even PB seems to be into it.  I can't wait until Hilary pulls a Maya from B&B and crowns herself the 'Matriarch' of the Abbott family. 

• Members

Y'all right.  The Sharon baby switch story sucks ass.  Maybe they will do a rewrite and have it so she isn't on her meds, cuz up to now the assumption has been that she was.  And even that is hard to swallow.  The story makes no sense.

I do like MM/Hilary.  I don't know how I feel about her with Jack.  Outside of him, everyone hates her and back in the day, their first flirtation didn't come across as her manipulating him.  I've said it before, Hilary needs a friend or two.  Having her just use whomever comes across her path is <_<

Victor as jailhouse bully is :lol:.  I wanted Ian to laugh in his face when he said "Ya scared?".  Please.  The man is an overweight senior citizen.

• Members

I watched a bit today. I don't know why.  The show is awful. Victoria looks like hell. Looks like she hasn't slept for days. Her hair is a hot mess. Joshua Morrow same bad acting as usual. I see Charlene T. daughter was on again today and she still can't act. Y&R now seems like a simple generic soap.

• Members

Of all the things wrong with YR, your problem is Victoria's hair and looks??? The sniping about Josh Morrow is ridiculous, too, since I can name dozens of soap actors who aren't as good as he is.

Today's problem? As usual, the writing: Victor having the run of the prison...Victor receiving guests morning til night...Victor and guests exchanging items...Victor seeng the doctor multiple times a day...Victoria and Nick believing Luca for even a minute when they've experienced his shadiness...Dylan being clueless to the fact that Adam is being set up...

It gets TIRESOME excusing plot holes in EVERY scene.

• Members

I laughed at the warden saying the guards will shoot to kill, yet he lets Victor run around like he owns the joint.  It is really laughable that the writers think anybody is buying this prison story.

• Members

You got that right...who can't speculate that the treatment is whats making Hillary act this way?  zzzz at least they can challenge me just once in awhile. The thing is I like Hillary being a beech she's really interesting.

And I like Billy and Phyllis together, I like their sordid little story..

• Members

Someone needs to inform GomerPyle that police officers can't unilaterally revoke bail. That whole sequence with Adam/Chelsea/Dylan (and Michael as the Greek Chorus) was horribly written.  

Now, gimme more of Sharon and Burning Bush. In a weird way, this has actually been the most interesting aspect of the story and that's not saying much. I do like Mariah 'carrying' the burden for Sharon - it's kind of like payback for haunting Sharon. 

I can't wait for HELLary to pick up the pieces with Aunt Jack. I like that she is aggressive and unpredictable. The show really needs a royal B taking names and steamrolling through town - Phyllis, Abby and Chelsea were declawed years ago and Sharon is too damaged. Mariah would fit that part, but they just don't want to go there again. 

• Members

If viewers accept Hilary and embrace her current behavior then they won't change her back. They've got the treatment in their hip pocket as a do over. I think it all depends on the feedback. 

As for the possibility of Hilary and Jack. I think that all depends on if the show continues down the Billy and Phyllis trail. Jack is clearly only so heavily involved in hilary's orbit to give him something to do while the show focuses on and isolate Billy and Phyllis in scenes after scne saying the same thing over and over. Also 

• Members

Are we starting to see that there's something wrong with Sharon?  In her scenes with Mariah, something funky was going on with her vision.  If so, that should have been part of the story all along.  

MM and CK have terrific enemy chemistry.  I fuckin loved Hilary setting Lily right and the end of today's show.

Archived