Y&R: June 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's really sad about Dylan is that the character has so many built in ties on canvas.  He brought the 2 longest vets together - who actually were involved eons ago. Built in conflict with Victor. Two siblings - one of which he has scenes with. When was the last time he had a one-on-one scene with his sister - that's strange. The ties to Phyllis via Avery; Stitch which ties him to Abby and indirectly to Ashley and the Abbotts; Chelsea to Adam, his stepbrother.  And yet with all those solid connections, Dylan could easily be eliminated - that's just bad execution across the board from writing to character development. 

• Members

CK isn't even 30! This has been my gripe this year - how the Lily character was stripped of her 20s! Lily should be hanging around Noah, Luca (that would be a hot affair), Travis, Mariah, Marissa, Summer and Natailie - not Neil and Cane. For that matter same goes for Abby. Please bring the 'Young' back to Y&R. The show is starting to remind me of ATWT with all the seniors on there. HOWEVER, like ATWT, Y&R does have solid vets so it could be worse. And I will credit Pratt for not really shoving a bunch of talentless newbies on us. Every actor who has been added since JH/GT had been worthy. Jury out on Bethany. 

Archived