Y&R: June 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are times that individual episodes are very good.  Today was one of those.  They are few and very, very far in between.  

Everything worked for for me today, from Neil's proclamation at the podium, to Travis finding out the truth about "Tori" and Jill/Hilary.  It was good to see Hilary's softer side with Devon.  They have to show these nuances in characters, otherwise Hilary was starting to become a  one dimensional villainess.  Jill/JW was mesmerizing and how wonderful it was to see her bickering with Esther.  

I was spectical at first, but Billy and Phyllis' affair is good.  

It amazes me that Esser can make Chuckies stories interesting for at least a day.  

• Members

Jess is slaying her scenes with everybody! she's acting more in character then she has in 10 years....I wish they had her interact with Nikki as a rival more cause I forgot how fun their scenes are.....if I had it my way, Nikki and Jill would be the main "matriarchs" of the show.

• Members

I agree about Hilary. The writing for her has been so OTT and one note that many fans are expecting a Diane Jenkins like whodunit this summer. They've got to give her character more balance and a reason to do what she's doing. It was a good start with the concersation she had with devon about her mother last week. But the writers couldn't resist even making that wrong by having Cane talking to Kay'a plaque and acting like something small was this huge deal/diss (the wing being Chancellor-Turner wasn't some big deal imo).  

The writing constantly demonizes her with the nasty name calling and tells viewers to hate her.  I actually think this is still about getting Neil out of that kidnapping. Making fans hate her so much that they don't care what anyone does to her. 

• Members

This is everything.  I think you're right IRT the name calling.

Hilary desperately needs a friend.  Someone mentioned Mariah in a previous thread, and I think the two of them would work.  

So so from a good episode yesterday back to a crapfest today.  Who wants to see Victor's prison romance?  The writing for the doctor went from sorta kinda ok (when she was introduced) to unprofessional love struck idiot.  Ugh.  

• Members

Mariah is a good choice. They both could use someone to talk to about family issues. Whoever it is should be a woman that hilary doesn't need and can't use for anything so it comes across as sincere. 

I know many around here like the hilary/jack posibilities but I dont anymore. That's just more of the same demonization. No one would every believe hilary sincerely wants Jack at this point. I am still hoping that writers leave them as friends and have everyone wrong about her intentions with him. 

Pratt  must really stop living vicariously through the older men. These sojourn isolated stories where Victor meets and falls for a new woman are tired. Done too many times. 

• Members

Victor is a billionaire so I can absolutely buy him with a 20 something, as long as that 20 something has $ in her eyes.  The idea that all these woman want Victor for himself is ridiculous to say the least. Same goes for Jack, I don't even buy him with Phyllis, never mind Hillary.

Sign me up for Hillary and Mariah as friends.

• Members

That was hilarious. I think Sharon just didn't want to be a hypocrite, but the look on Chelsea and Adam's faces when she said "Well, I'm sure you had your reasons" was pretty funny, unless you look at the big picture. Then it's just sad and such bad writing.

• Members

So Max is getting shipped off?  I guess he got busted for tripping Abby and starting the fire at the GCAC?  I missed a big hunk of that.  It's "funny" that Ashley has a brain disorder, Hilary has a brain disorder, Sharon is bi polar and Max is mentally ill or otherwise disturbed.  It's just wierd and another example of bad, lazy writing imo.

• Members

Yesterday Sharon and Dylan were supposedly having sexy time in their living room, Sharon in a red bra and short shorts and Dylan fully dressed.   It was such a major fail!  Those two have absolutely no chemistry whatsoever.  I mean, it was actually kind of offensive to me because it was like they just stripped Sharon down and shoved her into the scene as eye candy which is fine normally but in this case it was like she was just being used because the acting on the part of Steve Burton was so bad and disengaged.  I really hate this couple.  They were put together in a big rush, their sex scenes suck and Sharon is acting like a loser  while Dylan is dumb as a [!@#$%^&*] brick for not noticing the major coverup happening with his wife.  And he's supposed to be a detective.  LOL, not!

Glad they are shaking up the management structure at Y&R.  The show really needs help.  I feel like tweeting the new producer all the actors, characters and relationships that need working on but that's not a tweet it's more like a lengthy blog post.

Archived