Y&R: June 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she'll end up pregnant too. Those scenes where she screwed Jack and Billy both within a day or so, really screamed WTD to me. Sure, Phyllis isn't supposed to be able to get pregnant, but these writers don't care. How many time has Victor gotten someone pregnant since his vasectomy?

Another thing I doubt they care about. Eileen Davidson has played pregnant twice in recent years (Days and Y&R) and she's like 57. Would they really hesitate to have GT play it when she is much younger than that?

• Members

That was a retcon grown kid being found Not a romance with a pregnancy while another kid and father exists on canvas. You see how quickly they got rid of JT and Reed when Vikki and Billy were being paired long term. But you're right, Nikki is the lone exception. 

• Members

Well, Chelsea too kind of sort of, but point taken. I see that as making it more likely the baby won't live. Plenty of these women have been pregnant by two people as long as the baby doesn't make it. I'm not rooting for this story though. It has been done to death. I just recognize the set up.

• Administrator

I think there was a Blind Item a couple months ago saying that a veteran actress and a younger actress couldn't stand each other, or something like that.  Wasn't it ever confirmed who they were?  If not, I think it's Gina Tognoni and Hunter King. With Summer hooking up with Luca now, and moving in together, Phyllis only talked to Luca about it, but there's been no Phyllis/Summer scene. When was the last time they had a scene together? 

• Members

I can so see this happening, which begs the question of what the hell was the entire point of this dreadful insipid story was to begin with.

Remember how Victor's blackmailing Adam over the truth about Christian resulted in nothing? I can so see the truth about Sully coming out with Nick and Dylan instantly forgiving her and coming to poor crazy ole Sharon's side. Oh wait, it's Sharon we're talking about so of course humiliation is a must before. 

• Members

Has anyone read this rant?

http://highlighthollywood.com/2016/06/the-young-and-the-restless-ep-jill-farren-phelps-is-out-with-pratt-and-fisher-and-several-execs-in-jeopardy-highlight-hollywood-news/

The writing is atrocious despite stating the obvious about JFP's disastrous tenure at Y&R.  And again, this person can't let go of the Muhney and Miller departures.

• Members

Lord. I couldn't read the whole thing. I had to stop when they started talking about how Miller and MM had been "used and thrown away".  I'll agree the Miller thing was unfortunate, but he was the one who seemed to have a problem committing. The MM thing was a whole other ball game. Why even bring it up if you are going to ignore the whole reason he was fired? Are we at the stage where we pretend that allegations of sexual harassment never happened? <_<

• Members

Sharon is the town pariah. She will take the entire blame for this. Dylan will divorce her and fight for this kid. He will win. 

The purpose of the story was to get a baby in SBUs hands. It did wonders for him on GH. I'm sure that JFP probably tbought it was the ticket on Y&R too. Fail! 

Thats is also a possibility. A miscarriage. And since they usually do these things in tics and tocs, hilary Hamilton is way past due for her anchor baby. With hevon breaking up and "devon seeing her for who she is" along with the hilary/jack possibility, I'm expecting hilary pregnant with some baby lie too. 

I can see Pratt telling parallel WTD stories with that orbit and Jack in the middle with two women seemingly prrgnant by him when neither are. If hilary truly gets involved with jack, it probably end with her going crazy stealing Phack's baby after hers die. But then considering the one child father rule, maybe not. Unless the show cuts it's losses with HHK/summer. 

Archived