GH: January 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

I guess they were made by men, but to me not having kids around the workplace makes sense--especially babies.   There are a bunch of people there paying good money to have a pleasant lunch.  Babies cry and scream and nobody should have to pay for that ambiance soundtrack.   Breastfeeding is fine, but why is this baby in an environment designed for adults?   When the kid hits the terrible twos and runs around screaming will that be ok too for Olivia's patrons because she is within her rights?

Also (and I think this sounds like a more realistic option for someone to take) why didn't Olivia say "excuse me, I have to feed my child." and then either excuse herself to her office or ask the mayor if this would weird her out before proceeding?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The plots on this show are being written for the 8th grade level. Wow.  The Val/Lulu stuff is embarrassingly bad as is the stuff around Mayor Lomax  and the magazine b.s.  It's very tweenage girl crap.  But maybe that's the audience that will increase the ratings.  

The actress playing Andre can't act and neither can the chic playing Val.  I'm disappointed in the casting director's choices over the last year with respect to the younger set.

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/lynn-herring-addresses-gh-status

LYNN HERRING ADDRESSES GH STATUS

GH's Lucy faded from view on GH last spring, and her portrayer, Lynn Herring, addressed her on-air absence in a statement to fans on Facebook. "I do miss playing Lucy but I am not interested in a line here or there or a day once in awhile," explained the actress, who said she was busy with her life on the ranch she shares with hubby Wayne Northrop (ex-Roman, DAYS). "If Frank [Valentini, executive producer] and the writers need Lucy for a story or a firm connection in the show then I will jump out of my saddle and come running for sure."

• Members

Good for Lynn. I can see how she would grow tired of only being offered seemingly random moments of screen time rather than an actual block of time to develop a story. Still, personally, as a viewer, a 1-day Lucy appearance doing anything is better than a month of Alexis front and center gushing over Julian.

I wish the current writers would pick up Ron's abandoned idea to have Lucy and Laura as business partners. Considering Genie's been back for weeks but Laura still doesn't have even the beginnings of her own story, this could make good use of both actresses and characters. (Okay, with these writers it would probably still fail. But Lynn and Genie could probably find a way to make a dull story better.)

Archived