GH: September 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry people GH ratings are going nothing but up. You can say all the things you want. Smarttv arrived in our living rooms and it's sparking like a diamond. It's gaining it demos back. The tone is more serious and complex. Days might be the show that brings all these vets back. Jelly is taking a simple approach just make a smarter program with core vets and take a new modern way of telling soaps and the viewers are coming. It's a miracle people. November sweeps should be riveting.

• Members

I turned the show off after five minutes.  The entire show is now about various Corinthoses and their hangers on.  I didn't care for this in 2005, and it is a total waste of time in 2015.  I have no faith in the new writers because I expect more of the same.   Unoriginal hacks without vision just falling back on Sonny, Jason and Carly--the very characters that people tuned out years ago. 

• Members

Given how dire GH's ratings situation has become to TPTB, I wouldn't have expected anything else BUT a return to the mob-centric stuff.  ABC probably looks at it as returning the show itself to the "glory days" of the mid- and late-'90's.

• Members

I'm not sure if anyone could agree on what the "glory days" of GH exactly were.  I suppose ratings is one way.  I would place the glory days at various points.  Anytime between 1963 and 1974 are glory days to me because the original cast that made the show popular originally was strongly featured.  I feel the original cast is largely forgotten about and overlooked today.  It was Steve and Jessie that made Luke and Laura possible later.  The next good period, in my opinion was between 1978 and 1981.  In 1981, the show had became a cartoon, but it was fresh and original back then.  The Claire Labine period in the 90s was excellent, and much more realistic compared to the previous late 70s-early 80s heyday.  While the show hit a bright spot here and there since the Labine era, I can't remember a long period of time, say more than a year, where the show was really, really good.  However, having said that, I still preferred what was offered to cancellation.

• Members

What???

I turned it on 20 min into the show only to see Sonny again for the millionth time…so I changed the channel.

The show went from Nina and her loser pets….to Sonny and his flunkeys once again…how boring and repetitive,,

No wonder Maurice was so happy during the GH gathering…its been Sonny 24/7 since Tony Geary left…UGH!!

Archived