GH: September 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm talking about this

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DawsonCasting

• Dawson Casting: Using adult actors with youthful appearances to play teenagers has given people unrealistic ideas about what teenagers and young adults really look like, leading to accusations that a certain actor is "too young" to play an adult when in fact they are in their late 20's or early 30's.

• Members

I'm glad to have Lexi Ainsworth back, I always liked her and her return felt very seamless thanks to her chemistry with the on screen fam still being intact. Felt like a real reunion.

Also glad Rick Hearst is back since the last time I watched, I so enjoyed Ric telling Dante to get off his sanctimonious high horse, I still can't stand that bastard. Who is this racially ambiguous girl he boinked behind Lulu's back? She seems really scared like she's unsure of her next line or what to do in the scene.

The Ric/Scotty & Ava (the HELL they got that Beauty Supply wig slapped upside MW's head for???) trial crap was instant fast forward. Why is she still here?

I actually do not mind Julian, surprisingly. I see Alexis is still a dumb mob loving thot though. 

Man do I hate this Morgan, him trying to intimidate TJ was laughable. Did he have Sonny shot or what?

Last I heard Michael hated Sonny and Carly and was making them miserable? Sorry I missed all of that because here he just seemed like the same old boring blob of dullness he's been since Chad Duell initially stepped in.

Overall the show feels recognizably GH to me again as opposed to that horrid quick paced poor mans OLTL mess they had going on before, so I'll be tuning in more often, at least for a little while.

• Members

This predates Dawson, as anyone who has seen Grease, any movie with Frankie and Annette or many a 50s teen movie could tell you.   And there is a good reason for it.  People on camera tend to project younger.  So yes, realistic Lexi Ainsworth looks the way she looks, but on TV she looks 12, sort of a "what if jon benet ramsey had lived?" version of too much makeup on a child.  It doesn't matter how old Lexi Ainsworth is, she does not look like an adult.   GH is not a documentary on adults, it is a TV show where they have hired an actress to portray someone in their 20s.   Lexi Ainsworth is not qualified for that job.   She looks ridiculous, there is literally no romantic pairing that won't look like a pedo nightmare come to life, and there is no story where  we could see the pint sized, squeaky voiced child-woman in any sort of professional capacity.  She can't play a lawyer, she can't play a doctor, she can't play anything where people won't see how ridiculous it all is.  

If they want to pair Kristina with Cameron or Spencer it might work.   She's the right height and they all look to be about the same age.  I honestly cannot understand why they brought this character back but if they must why they brought back this actress of all actresses is beyond me.  

• Members

I know what your talking about so I didn't need you to post links. The girl looks younger than her age. It has nothing to do with any tropes. That's why she only plays young teens. What I don't understand is why they brought her back just to weep over Sonny being shot for the millionth time. It's not touching when and everyone knows he'll pull through. They could've used this opportunity to recast.

• Members

LMAO!  Unfortunately, Michael just GOT OVER IT LIKE EVERYONE USUALLY DOES.  There is no growth for Scummy, so everyone around him must change for each of his SLs.  Did Mo look especially greasy yesterday to anyone else?  

I have to admit, and I'm not sure who might get this credit, but the missing murder confession was very nicely set up.  Kin Shriner has played everything like a clown for years, but I look forward to this.  

Morgan is unbearable!  Not much else to say here.  

Showing Alexis in scenes with all of her kids reminds the viewers of what a psycho mob loving whore she really is.  Bad idea to show them all together, and The Davis girls are so overrated.  Sam and Jillian's heart to heart on the phone was laughable.  Molly is the only person in that family with a brain!  

Stans whined and Dante went from having feelings for Valerie to Valerie clearly going under the bus, one of the biggest reasons Soaps have failed - catering to stans as opposed to just writing a damn soap.  

As for Meryl Streep Ainsworth?  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Members

I see Ainsworth has hit puberty. Good for her!

I'm so over this show being in Sonny's hospital room every.damn.day

I hate that Michael's back to being a Sonny butt kisser. Sigh. It was good while it lasted but I knew it wouldn't.

I see Milo still exists.

LOL at Morgan running around with a gun. Lord can someone knock this idiot down a few pegs. He's so ridiculous.

• Members

Kman, you know Scummy's survival means the destruction of everyone else, right? He's so pathetic that all characters need to prop him. 

How about Carly insisting Dante should not be called to find Morgan who's out of control with a gun? Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't Dante there to witness Morgan spiraling and tried to calm him a few times? Carly fears Dante might arrest him. Since when, and most importantly, wouldn't she much rather he be confined and safe before killing anyone? These characters are a joke! 

• Members

I know. Carly is written horribly. They all are, really. I don't even recognize this show at the moment. I was SMH at Carly not wanting Dante called. I didn't even watch the end of the episode, TBH. I feel like they're going to have Morgan AJ Michael's Jason at some point.

Archived