Y&R: August 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Hevon wedding was surprisingly nice. I was expecting a quick elopement in their GCAC hotel room with only Lily, Cane and Neil in attendance.  Instead we got a decent guest list and some really good little scenes with various characters.

This Cabin Murder crap has only gotten dumber and dumber, I can't wait for them to wrap this up. Same with Tia Yack.

• Members

Somebody please rescue Marissa from the horrible pairing with Noah.  They are such a mismatch and of course she's being dumbed down to his level.  Today when they were smooching in the park she actually said, something to the effect of, "Thank you for wanting a new beginning with me".  Blech.  She's a full grown woman with lots of life experience and he's little Noah Newman who has spent his whole life in Genoa City living with his parents for the most part.  He's never had to earn a living or take care of himself in any significant way.  Victor gave him a job and he couldn't cut it (or be believable) in an office and now he's working in his Dad's bar.  What could he possibly have in common with do what it takes Marissa?  I want her to be with Victor and break his heart of otherwise mess up his life.  Victor needs to be humbled, he had gotten to be seriously insufferable. 

Sue me,  I like Sick.  Nick talks to Sage like she's an equal and he cares about her which he does not do with Sharon or any other woman he has been with in the last few years.  Sage and Nicki having brunch was fun too as Nicki looks like she's up to something. 

I like Mariah but too much snark equals bitch after a while.  She was borderline rude and mean to Summer today for no apparent reason.  She needs to have something meaningful to do outside the Scoobies and Kevin.

• Members

I like Marissa with Noah. They have chemistry, which he had none of with Courtney. I hardly think Marissa is this worldly woman who is too experienced and knowledgeable for Noah, that's for sure, and you completely lost me when you said she should be with VICTOR, of all people. Just no.

• Members

KeSu was showing off all her tics today in her scenes with Nikki.  The over expressing eyes...all of her Kawnie Falcuntneri was showing today, and these days  for MTS to outshine a woman half her age...it says something...  As for Nick/Sage, I think they just recycle old Schick scenes, because I feel like I've already heard everything he says to her with his scripts w/Sharon, Phyllis, Avery, that pathetic ONS with Chris, Grace, etc. All of these romances have wishy washy Nick professing undying love until...1 She screws up or 2. the next blonde comes down the pike. Now Nick wants to work with Dylan...he can't decide what he wants to do with his life...he knocked (yet another random) woman up...Rinse wash repeat...

Marisa works with Noah a lot better than I expected.  

Considering how the writers have always had Summer talk down to everyone, Mariah's snarky comebacks are completely understandable.  Mariah is not being written as anything more than a sidekick to Creepy Kevin.  Kevin should be at the adult table by now, and leave the Kiddie stories to the actors under thirty...

Did Kevin's romance, Mark get shot offscreen?  This show is so forgettable, I couldn't remember...

After a good soapy wedding day with "Gasp" cast interaction, today's episode was boring as f**k.

• Members

Marissa is a whole world away from where she was born and raised and is functioning quite well. She speaks at least two languages and she can handle a criminal like Marco as well as the captain/drug dealer on the cargo ship Jack blew up.  I'd say she's light years ahead of Noah who IIRC  went to private school,  graduated from GC college and has never had a job that wasn't given to him by a family member.  Marissa has much more in common with Victor imo and I think they could be entertaining if written well.  One of my favorite storylines from the past was John Abbot being seduced by gold digger Gloria.  She would come swooping into a room where Jack and John were having a conversation and insist that it was time for John's "massage".  It would drive Jack crazy and led to all kinds of soapy goodness, including the storyline with Tom, Gloria's first husband who wreaked havoc on the Abbot and Fisher families.  Of course the actor that played John Abbot didn't mind depicting vulnerability something I haven't seen from EB in forever.  So don't worry, Marissa will probably be saddled with Noah forever like Lily is stuck with Cane and Hillary is stuck with Devon. 

Okay I'll lawyer up. :)

• Members

Despite continuous failure for almost ten years at impersonating an ABC soap, Y&R continues trying to do so. In a way, if you think about it, Y&R, with its insane commitment to nasty doppelgangers, is itself a carbon copy (and bad at it) of other crap. Yay!

Archived