Y&R: August 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R posted a clip relating to this Hilary missing story and titled it...*wait for it*... "Gone Girl"! LMBO! 

The actress is supposed to come back. Or that is what is being said officially. Being that she is on maternity leave, I tend to believe that she will. I don't think they are allowed to fire pregnant women anymore. Some sort of law suit with Hunter Tylo...

Everyone hates Sage because she is a JFP pet. Simple as that. 

• Members

Paul shot and killed Harding, Victor banished Marco after cutting his ear off, Sharon had a miscarriage, Dylan joined the police force, Dylan proposed to Sharon and Sharon accepted and Hillary went missing.  All this in the space of a couple of days.  I'm happy for the show, for the people that work on it, the actors and crew, because the ratings are better than they have been in years and that means job security for them.  For me, the show is becoming more and more ridiculous and hard to care about.  I guess I'm in the minority.

• Members

IDC - SC looked amazing today. I thought her scene with Noah was absolutely perfect. Today's episode was actually done well - with the big party and the interactions/typical Newman sniping :) and the constrast with the Winters saga. I'm trying to find some nuggets of gold among the rubble. Oh, and, kudos to Pratt for quickly wrapping the Marco/Cabin Murders and not dragging out the conclusion for weeks.* Of course, the story dragged on far too long.

• Members

I don't care about Sharon losing a baby that she shouldn't be having anyway. I don't even know why the made her pregnant. I never thought that baby would be born from the very beginning. The question was when and how she would lose it. And I fail to see why this is such a big deal with fans. 

Not only is Sharon too old for these stories, so is Nicholas Christian Newman. Why must he marry every leading lady the show wants to make. I thought we figured out at least 3 years ago that JM wasn't some Queen Maker. Give it up! Nick and Sage will not work any better than Nick and Avery did. Move on! 

• Members

I did too, but him trying to be by himself for more than twenty seconds...Maybe that could show a different side to the character(maybe making him more likable to the folks out there that dislike him. Then again, I'm just someone who has watched the show since the mid 80s--UpChuck seems /hell bent on trashing every character on the canvas-except for the too good to be true Sag, who is now even being propped by Nikki and Snortoria, the two that should be snarky and suspicious of her...(again, that's just my opinion. )I know Sage has fans out there, but I' have never seen Nikki approve of anyone brought home by Nick, at least, not at first

• Members

100% agree. When has Nikki EVER embraced one of Nick's women. None of them were every good enough for him. Hoping this is the build up to a big fall out so we can be rid of this unworkable pairing.

As for the Nick being alone...Y&R is now a couple driven show. If you don't have a romance, you are basically dead in the water. That would never happen to JM. I can't see CBS allowing it.  KSJ, on the other hand, is treading water cause he has no romance. They are finding ridiculous stuff for Neil to do to keep him in story. It's kinda sad at this point. 

• Members

There were times that I really disliked Nick when he was with Phyllis.  But then my heart would melt watching him with Noah and baby Summer.  Nick is far from perfect but for the most part, I think he is a good guy, and definitely a very loving, devoted father.  PHACK has to be one of the most boring couples in soap history.  What have the writers done to Phyllis? She has lost her  fire, her spine, her brain, everything that made her such  a compelling character is gone. I never thought I would FF through Phyllis scenes because she use to be my favorite, now she is unwatchable.

Sexy Joe needs a story, please put him with Phyllis!

Archived