Y&R: August 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

Nick acted differently toward Mariah when he was engaged to her mother.  Didn't Mariah bad mouth Nick all over town during the custody battle, even though she still worked for him?  I was also shocked that Kevin had the nerve to ask Kyle and Summer to be considerate of Mariah's feelings!!  Maybe Kevin should try teach Mariah to show  others the same consideration she wants to be shown.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Harding may have done the deed, but Victor is the true murderer.  How long are they going to write Victor getting away with everything?  I'm truly sick of it.  I quit watching Y&R several years ago when Amber Moore showed up and I'm ready to give it up again.

• Members

This is the one time that Victor should have paid. A 3 month prison stint would not have been a hardship to the show. The character needs a rest and reboot after this. Send EB on vacation. 

If Neil kidnapped Hilary, which I think that he had a hand in, I wonder if he will pay for that at all?

• Members

Maybe Patty's going to be in a dream montage of crimes against humanity that Victor has while sleeping off a big dinner.  Like Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.  After all, IIRC Victor bought Patty plastic surgery and brought her to GC to torment Jack so he's responsible for all the crazy evil [!@#$%^&*] she did.  Maybe he's going to own up to some of that.

Last day of August, what have we accomplished this month?  Marco's gone and so's the cabin killer Detective Harding so I guess that's something.  Hillary disappeared in the BVI while on vacation and looks like Devon is getting blamed for her murder.  Maybe he'll get sent to reform school.  I hope he gets sent somewhere so we don't have to watch people chase their tails trying to pin a murder on him of someone we all know perfectly well isn't dead.

Things that bugged me today.  Sage constantly touching/resting her hands on her stomach.  I know other people have mentioned this but today she was really OTT with it.  To me it just reinforces that she doesn't really have a baby in there because when you do have a baby in there it's part of you not some random bump that serves as an armrest.  So fake.  Then there's Nikki's hair.  She looks like Betty Crocker with that hairdo.  Very old fashioned and aging and kind of silly.  Of all the cute, sexy short hair styles for older women that are out there right now I can't believe she's sporting that disaster.  Robin Wright, Jane Fonda.  Justin Bieber.  Also very noticeable today was Marissa's lack of accent.  She's like a whole new character.  I liked the old Marissa better.

• Members

The reception party was nice but was ruined entirely by Victor just walking around threatening everyone.

Nominally I try to shy away from talking about appearances but Billy still looks like he is Ashley's older brother. The hair and makeup dept has successfully transformed Nikki into looking like an 80-year old woman. 

Fear not Jill finally appears later this week!!!!!

• Members

Nikki's hair is hideous. I don't care if it's more "age appropriate".

I still have a soft spot for Burgess Jenkins. My coworkers don't get it... lol. But Billy is obsessed. I'm glad Victoria didn't have time for his nonsense.

Victor cracks me up. His attempts to be condescending are entertainment.

I did not see Chelsea catching the bouquet! Heh!

Sage is getting the in-laws she deserves. And take your hand off your belly! Soooo annoying!!! Everything about her (and KS) is just so fake. What is Nick thinking?

• Members

LOL true about Sage. I was rolling my eyes during the entire party as Sage cried about being accepted. Lord. The propping of her is ridiculous. Avery and Sharon are far better than she ever could be. Avery became a hot mess and Sharon will forever be nuts it seems ... all I could think about was that party should have been Sharon and Nick. I'm not even their biggest fan but that's where the story had been going and then all of a sudden Sage is in the place Sharon should be. Big missed opportunity.

Archived