Y&R: August 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I think she worked fine as a transitional character introduced to bring on Adam(Gabriel).  Re working her to be Nick's next, great love"...I watched her chew the scenery on GH, and she has been falling into her tics as she's gotten more screen time.  They should have kept Sally Kelleran around to work with JH...KeSu should have left months ago, and tying her to Nick is just coma inducing..Like Villy!

Inevitably, the story will be Nick-Sharon-Dylan, and Sage will be one in a long line of Nick's love interests the show drops...

On other fronts, Nikki's new 'do looks great on her, I knew it was going to be Harding with the secrets a while ago, which is a shame, as CMcK is a talented actor who fit in well on the canvas(and should have seduced Kevin...but that, and Harding's Bunny are a whole other conversation.)OK...YOU GOT DAT...LOL 

I think the "OK" should be a drinking game...I liked Mariah/Sharon/Faith scenes...Paul is better when he isn't bellowing, and Chris being bossy reminds me of his mother, Mary, telling him what to do...(Of course, at least she brought spareribs and sauerkraut to get her way\!!!)

• Members

:lol::lol::lol::lol: at these Stitch's Anatomy hospital scenes. 

They were smart to move Abby into the business story with Victoria, much more interesting than all the other dumb crap they've had the character do since they originally SORASed her.

Devon is a simp lol 

Victor and Nikki scenes were good, EB and MTS are great together

• Members

The purpose of the Stitch and dead PTSD guys is to give Stitch depth. They brought this guy on for 2 days intentionally to kill him off to further Stitch's story and to endear him to the audience. I will be glad when they stop trying to make him happen. The scenes were just so unbelievably cringe worthy that I think they missed the mark.

Neil Neil Neil...Hilary might not be a gold digger but she isn't stupid. She is set to marry Devon with no pre-nup. Why in the world would she, the woman who slept with a DA to get you out of jail, not marry Devon over some random HOOKER that Devon doesn't care about. Yeah, she might be mad for a hot minute but that won't last. She will take him back. Then what? Another plot? 

Abby is definitely a favorite of Pratt. He insists on selling her as some great business person. She is such a natural that she closes every deal and is schooling Victoria "I was running Brash and Sassy before Abby was created in a test tube" Newman. Granted Victoria hasn't been much of a powerhouse in a decade but you still must respect the history. I am sorta insulted. 

• Members

Monday's episode was just awful.  I had high hopes since it was written and directed by Bell vets (Slater/Esser/McDonald) but they couldn't elevate the drivel from Pratt.  The Vickie/Abby scenes were embarrassingly bad.  But shout out to M.O. who has really developed her acting skill.  I hated the actress for the longest time but she's massively improved.  Amelie didn't know how to deliver the stupid lines when the ladies were in conflict about how to handle the meeting.  All of Nikki's scenes were cringeworthy, from Neil to Victor.  And Lily....UGH..why is this horrid person still on the show. And, finally, saving the worst for last....all things STITCH. Jesus:  this dude cannot act his way out of a paper punching bag.  That fact coupled with those ridiculous vet dying scenes just capped off a very poor episode.  I can't believe Eileen Davidson signed on for this crap.  She has no chemistry with this guy; she was completely unconvincing in her delivery of those dumb pep talk lines.  I was embarrassed for her.

Poop!

• Members

Well Tuesdays show wasn't any better with Marco returning and at the cabin with now again appearing police detective ….with half of the scooby doo…gang on his trail….its obvious the detective and Marco did the killings…which I called a long time ago…..no surprise in this mystery at all….LOL….horrible…is Ron Carlivati writing this mess??

• Members

Am I the only one who doesn't blame Neil for getting revenge on Hilary and Devon?  What they did to him was so foul! Two of the people he loved and trusted most betrayed, hurt and humiliated him.  They have some payback coming.

• Members

I blame Neil for many reason...one being that he has a living breathing reminder of the same betrayal he perpetuated on his own brother. Malcolm didn't pay him back for that. He got to marry Sophia and be a "family" with his son but threw it all away to chase behind Harmony. Neil has been given forgiveness for his vehicular homicide with Christine and Paul's fetus and that is NEVER mentioned during his many tirades about Devon and Hilary's sins against him. Where is Christine's revenge? Where has Neil paid and suffered for anything he has ever done to other people.  I will never forget how he cheated on Dru with Carmen and it was written to be her fault. He got his family back then too with little effort as Dru had to chase and beg. If Neil had never done half the cheating he has done, I might feel differently..but as things stand...

As for Hilary being one of the people Neil trusted the most, my response is, he shouldn't have ever trusted her. And if he did, how stupid. Lily is the one he should have trusted yet he treated her like dung. To this day, I don't get what they were going for with Neil's treatment of Lily. After the affair reveal, he treated her like she had wronged him too although he knew she hadn't. 

With that said, I don't mind Devon and Hilary having to work for happiness. They should after what they did. 

• Members

The "big reveal" today was a snoozer.  So Harding got paid by Yack to be his henchman?  After a traffic stop??  Was he in some kinda financial bind or sumpin cuz that makes no sense.  

This Parragon back and forth [!@#$%^&*] is nonsense.  No one cares about this bullshit story, Chuckie.

That's an hour I'll never get back...

• Members

The only way Paragon would matter to me is if:

Otherwise, the word Paragon can go the way of RELIQUARY, ELEPHANT STATUE, THE CAMEO, AND JUSTICE FOR NINA...

Villy scenes are always blah, but today....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  ...You got Dat?????LOL

Mariah was one of the shining lights in the episode, along with Phyllis vs. Victor.

• Members

Mmm hmm, yup and that's for sure.  We seem to be stuck in some sort of summer doldrums.  I would also add the wtf with Villy.  They had sex and now they're fighting and breaking up.  Does anyone care?  If I could ask anything of this show right now it would be, give me a couple to root for.  As much as I love Sharon, I can't really get behind Sharon being Dylan's baby mama.  Their relationship happened too fast and makes so little sense, I wish the show would break them up and then let them find their way back together again.  Sharon is a rebound for Dylan with Avery and Dylan is a rebound for Sharon with Nick. 

• Members

Everything was telling backstory to explain they didn't know what they were doing to begin with.  So let's just tell everyone what really happened 5 months ago - because they didn't know either.  But we all called Detective being the killer.  Not a surprise.  Stitch - don't get the character.  I love looking at him, but he can go now as well.  Today's show...he can talk to old woman Ashley (sorry Ash fans, but come on...she looks great but come on)....he can "talk" to her in a way he can't "talk" to Abby.  And he can "talk" to dead fish Victoria in a way he can't "talk" to Abby.  The whole idea is dumber than Abby is.  And - please recast Abby...she's awful.  I started partially watching again when Marcy Rylan was cast as Abby - didn't watch a lot, but this actress is terrible.  We have Colin back but NO ONE on this show is even TALKING or mentioning JILL?  WTF????

• Members

GT is a great actress but the way Phyllis  is being written is so disappointing. Phyllis' only purpose in life now is to obsess over her elderly husband. She has forgotten her kids, her job. her friends, nothing matters but Jack!  ugh what a waste!

Rant over, thanks for listening.

Archived