GH: June 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH thought about doing a transgender story? Thank you Brad Bell for doing it first. Lol

I'm not terribly surprised since Ron wanted to do one on OLTL, but when you can barely give Lucas and Brad airtime, how can you do a trans story?

• Members

I was just noticing that myself. Is it getting worse?

I really wish they would add the looking-beautiful Laura to the opening credits while she's here, next to Luke for the last time and then when he leaves, she can have his spot all to herself. wub.png But I'm not holding my breath.

• Members

I'd love for Laura to take Luke's spot. Genie looks great. I feel like even the writers have contempt having to write for Laura. It's just bad. And this Denise [!@#$%^&*]. I can't. God someone slap her. SHUT UP YOU ANNOYING WOMAN. LOL

• Members

But, don't you know? Stuff like,

"We need to talk."

"I have something very important to tell you, and it's about Carlos."

"I need to say this!"

"Will you just listen? Something big happened"

"OK, listen!"

are all GREAT little mini cliffhangers to create 5 extra scenes lasting half an episode before we ever get to the beginning of the conversation!

• Members

I think they're actually doing that to make Tracy look bad. It's not about trashing Laura.

The thing is, you don't need to turn Tracy into a high school Mean Girl or do these endless 2-second scenes where nobody can get a word in edgewise to make a story work.

• Members

Well, people would act a bit angry if this was Laura at her engagement party to someone else and Luke dropped in. And it is a soap. That's why I don't mind Laura being upset and not just sauntering in for her man. She obviously needs help!

Archived