YR: Uncasting!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

JFP has a new FOJ pet to shove down everyones throat in the BROADWAY SUPERSTAR so she had no problem dicarding JC despite the fact she has consistently brought her A game no matter how lame the material was. Good for Jessica for knowing her worth and not taking crumbs.

I hope another show picks her up.

• Members

Reading her interview now. She says they asked her what she wanted to do.. she asked for a meaty story when Pratt came aboard that she wanted to be challenged. She hadn't been challenged in a long time and she would deliver if they gave her something.

She says Pratt came up with a story that went into Avery's past and revealed a darker side of her that she was excited to play. Then the following month they gave the story to another character

The story that got changed and she felt it was OOC and it cheapened the character...the one she that the higher ups made Pratt change

• Members

The show hadn't been doing her character any favors for some time. I do not know what the show offered her in the contract negotiation she mentions. Or what her counter was. But I have been following JFP's career since AW. I have no doubt there was no room for negotiating because Burton is in a new pairing and Jessica is a woman, and not important on a JFP show because the females are hardly ever her pets.

And if Steve Burton wanted something, she would get it for him. Or Tony Geary. Or Maurice. Or Derwin. But she never cuts the ladies the same deal. Except maybe Jensen on AW.

I think she forgets that the women are the backbones of this genre.

• Members

The character of Avery has been inconsistent during time span on the show. From the wonderful bitchy sister of Phyllis back in 2011 who came to town to represent Sharon to her current exit story a lot of weirdness has gone on. Oddly I think Joe is probably the most interesting of Avery's pairings, but the show has attempted for the last two and a half years to invest in a mediocre pairing I wonder what did make them finally give up. Of course Nick and Avery were just as bad but even though Dylan and Avery were boring, they were at least inoffensive.

• Members

Didn't Avery come on as kind of klutzy, but a cracker jack in the courtroom? Then she morphed into this betty crocker type of character with no flaws...to the mess we see now.

Nowadays characters seem to morph based on the headwriter.

• Members

IIRC, Jill was big on Dylan and Avery at least at one point. In her joint interview with Pratt recently, she seemed to be gritting her teeth when she said she accepted they'd had to end because of Pratt's new couple. I don't think anyone but Jill would have pushed them so hard for the last couple years.

Archived