YR: Uncasting!

• Members

They were trying VERY hard to make Dylan and Avery a mainstay pairing. Once they failed for the umpteenth time to take off and solidify Steve Burton on the show the way JFP wanted she no longer had any use for Jessica, hence the dust paying during contract negotiations.

Burton is lucky Sharon Case could make a pairing with plywood work.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still say the pitiable contract was JCs punishment for failing with SBu. Jill entrusted her with making her boy work and JC didn't produce. In not doing so, she jeopardized Jill's position with CBS and Sony. She sold SBu as some savior for the show and it didn't happen. He's a failaure.

While Sharon and Dylan are leagues above Avery and Dylan, they aren't some rousing success either.

• Members

Ah, that makes sense now. Thank goodness someone stepped in and killed this false rape storyline. (In addition, to Avery's Innocence Project, false rape is just a bad idea on soaps - it just doesn't work well at all - it ruins characters, there's never justice for the falsely accused man, etc.) Yuk. I will miss JC, but looking at the canvas - her role has been filled by Sage, the return of Christine, SC making Burton work, and Lily definitely moving on with Joe. The latter three I'm good with them; Sage I'm not OK with.

• Members

I picked up on that as well. The thing is, as much as I enjoyed JC on this show (...well, most of the time, anyway...), I never saw her as having a very high profile on it. And you would THINK JFP would want her "savior," Steve Burton, paired from the get with one of the show's marquee actresses...such as Sharon Case.

• Members

Sage is the least needed character on the canvas. Avery recurring makes more sense than this character being shoved down our throats...What does KeSu have on her that she keeps hiring her and cramming her down our throats? Pictures of JFP with a strap-on...?????

• Members

Maybe I'm missing it, but aren't there literally hundreds of Sage fansites, facebook shrines, blogs, etc? I feel like maybe I'm out of the loop because clearly Sage has been SOLELY responsible for the surge in Y&R's popularity. Clearly, JH would've been fired by now and JM probably down to recurring. And, oh, since KeSu went blonde, SC must be disgusted every time she looks at herself in the mirror and embarrassed to think she could be paired with men as hot as JM and, certainly, not JH. I feel so sorry for SC right now....

• Members

Beige Sage is only popular in JFP's mind...Just like Cartoon Cawnie on GH. I just don't see the need for the character with so many viable leads in that age group...Sharon, Chelsea, Lauren,Chris (ex)Avery...Just no point to her at all. She ushered in NuAdam, Now get...

Archived