B&B Casting News

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, I was looking up and down Tracy's TL and she retweeted a tweet that stated that Zende has NOT been SORASED. He was 10 in 2002, so him being 23 is the appropriate age. I don't remember if we were discussing this or not but good to know where their thinking is.

• Members

ITA! Now if they could decide on a direction for Nicole - RE is the real deal and she has been able to play all the wildly inconsistent faces of Nicole. No offense to the actors involved, but Zende/Nicole should replace Ally/Oliver and Justin/Donna/Carter replace Pam/Mall Cop. The four character could disappear and I'd never miss them. I don't mind Wyatt kind of lurking around Nicole - DB/RE had a surprisingly natural chemistry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I actually thought Nicole and Oliver had chemistry...why not a nicole/zende/Oliver mix? And why is carter without a woman...are the women blind? Put Steffy and carter together..even if just for a fling...to get Liam green with jealousy :)

• Members

For the last 25 years at least, Bell Soaps always seem to cast predominantly bi-racial (I hate that word by the way) actors to fill their AA character roles.

Thank you! This is inexplicable to me, although after reading Cheap's comments, I have to wonder whether skin color is sort of an unconscious issue. I know Marcus and Justin were clearly not bi-racial but did we ever really see them in the 'bloom' of their sexuality? I ask because I missed some years and others may be able to fill me in. I know Texas Battle was no great actor but did Justin and Donna have a lot of love scenes when they were together?

• Members

I just hope B&B's longest, sustained push into diversity sticks. It's way overdue! BTW - It's too bad we finally got to see AB handle some real story after nearly a year - it would be kind of a bummer if they shipped The Vine back to Oz, which I'd say is highly likely. Although, the character still needs something that distinguishes her: first she was a "Hope-like" character and now that she's 'tough, decisive, etc." - she's a "Steffy-like character." And, sadly, they went all-in with Liam, so basically she's tied to him (or becomes Wyatt's next option).

Archived