DAYS: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

So Xander's father, Alexander Kiriakis, is a made up (by Tomlin/Whitesell) brother of Victor's? Victor never mentioned a brother named Alexander in the past? That's so dumb. Another dumb thing, having John hate Paul for, what, one day (Salem time) before the revelation came out? That's not a real conflict. I actually don't mind linking Paul/John but there was no story here. I know Tomlin/Whitesell hate writing for John so it's like they just reunited John/Marlena (their reunion could've been very good if done right) with no story, and gave John a new son, again with no story.

• Members

I actually like that the John/Paul conflict is based on something real, as opposed to when Carly and Melanie briefly 'hated' each other because Carly spilled a latte on Melanie or something stupid. But yeah, it's very quick.

The one upside about J&M's rushed reunion is that they can still remarry for the 50th anniversary. I think that'd be a nice event to have during the celebration.

• Members

The ratings system might be BS -- and it is not nearly as accurate as it could be -- but VCR/DVR viewing is not of as much interest to the networks, because those viewers skip the advertisements, which means they're useless to the advertisers, who pay for the show's airtime.

That said, DAYS does really well in online viewing. I remember reading that it was one of the top ten most-watched broadcast programs on online platforms. I do wonder if the time-shifted viewers on NBC.com and Hulu are enough of a factor to balance out the weak broadcast ratings, especially since those viewers have to watch the ads.

• Members

I just hate to put it out into the universe at all that Days will be canceled. All some so called fans do is say that Days will be canceled. Its really sad. Im on another board, and some posters who don't even watch anymore are wishing it to be canceled. I guess I'm just saddened by this because I've already lost three soaps I had watched since childhood. Oh, well. Hopefully Days will rebound, and be better than ever. As I said, I'm enjoying it right now for the most part.

• Members

The soaps seem to be strong performers online. If that GH thing Nancy did is being talked about by network people as having a voracious following and they want to continue it, then that demonstrates how much traffic soap content brings online.

The networks are loosing enough in viewers but still have enough power that now is their chance to challenge neilsen and get the system updated.

Archived