B&B - March 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I appreciate your optimism, truly, I'm just a little wary, particularly considering the fact that B&B wouldn't even touch homosexuality for damn near 25 years. Transgender people are a "hot topic" right now, this story needs to be told thoroughly and with the utmost respect. Nothing short of the social activism spirit of their homeless special. I am definitely looking forward to watching this play out.

• Members

We want the same thing. I've already tweeted Angie McD. I gave her a bravo but also told her if the story is not done with justice, it will NEVER be forgiven. She's been RTing me for the past 30 minutes, so she acknowledges what a powerhouse story this could be.

What we will get? Fingers crossed!

• Members

I am shocked as well but love it!! I can't believe the show actually went there! I know there was talk of OLTL's Roxy and this type of story but ABC denied it, correct? I'm interested in seeing where this goes...especially the reactions of Rick and then Caroline. Caroline will have a field day with this!!! haha

I'm not that hard on Nicole because I felt for her when she said she wanted Maya in her life and wanted to get to know her. She seemed to get the point across that it was their parents that denied the relationship and not that Nicole didn't want to be around Maya. I don't see that as her not wanting to accept Maya. I am going to take her threats of telling Rick as just a way to try and get Maya to confess more than it was that she was trying to really hurt Maya or thought it was a big thing. Rick and Maya kept throwing out the word "honesty" and Maya has been far from honest. Calling her out for that is far different than not accepting Maya.

• Members

Maya came to town as this stupid uninteresting wall flower. Look at her now! I'd rather anyone play this but KM, but what's done is done.

Maya has tried to live the life of a heterosexual woman taking what she believes is hers? That is [!@#$%^&*] rich! This is what soaps are about. Gawd, I'm still in awe and can barely dis GH on Twitter right now.

• Members

I'm excited because B&B is so flawless but I do think the backstory has been weird for Maya. Now we have to think how nobody knew this when you know Bill did background checks. What does this mean for her dead child? How did she afford surgery? I hope questions are answered and they do this right. This could be the biggest story in daytime. B&B has been leading the pack for years and continue to do so. Why did they turn down Brad Bell's offers to help Y&R? He clearly knows what's up.

• Members

But we've met the father of Maya's child and it's a big enough stretch that she could afford the sex change surgery let alone having a child once she became trans. It's going to be a hard story to write but if they pull it off it'll be good. I think they'll probably act like the baby never happened.

Archived