Worst character names

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In reference to Brick and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof...I actually do know a little boy named Brick. His parents have a common last name and wanted something unusual and tossed around random words until they settled on Brick. I mentioned Cat on a Hot Tin Roof to her later, and she loved the idea that her son shared a name with a Paul Newman character. IDK if she ever read the play and realized the character was really gay, a fact that was pretty much removed from the movie.

I know Astrid is a legitimate name, but anything that begins with the "Ass" sound is potentially a poor choice when naming a human being. That said, I also know a child named Astrid Luna Lastname.

Also mentioned upthread....I can't believe I forgot about Trucker on Loving and Seabone Hunkle on AMC. wacko.png

• Members

Didn't Megan McTavish basically rewrite history, changing "Hunkle" to "Henry" and "Seabone" to "Paul"? And IIRC, Ryan's name was "John Ryan Curry" before his middle name suddenly became "Aloysius" instead.

• Members

Dark Shadows had some pretty wild names. Magda Rakosi, Bruno Hess, Jebez Hawkes, Angelique Bouchard, Skyler Rumson, Charity Trask, Josette duPres. They're weird, but I wouldn't call them bad.

ATWT had two of the ugliest family names ever: Munson and Snyder. I'm not even crazy about Hughes. "Edith Hughes Frye" is the worst.

Which brings me to AMC and "Livia Frye Cudahy," which is just gross.

I know. I was actually griping more about "Corinthos" than "Sonny." It just feels like a manufactured name that doesn't really exist.

Archived