Worst character names

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Search for Tomorrow - Kentucky Bluebird. Poor Sherry Mathis having to wander around shouting, "Oh that Kentucky!!" "Kentucky you come back here!!!" No wonder she quit.

B&B - I can be lenient with some names, but Storm always made me blanch for some reason.

Loving - Trucker and Rocky (I know that wasn't Rocky's real name). Then she marries a man named Rio. It all sounds like the title of a kids' show.

• Members

The UK's Channel 5's continuity announcers had a field day with B&B's names: Ridge, Throne, Storm, Brooke (who they nicknamed Babbling Brooke), and Sly (who would ever name their baby Sly?!).

Sunset Beach's Cole & Caitlin naming "their" baby, Trey, was awful. I still don't get how it stands for Armando Deschanel the third.

Are you referring to Hollyoaks' Dodger Savage? TBF, it is a nickname. Unless, there was/is a US soap character with that same name...?

• Members

I hated Spike as well. I thought it was a cute joke at first, but when I realized they literally named the child Spike, my eyes could not roll fast enough.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but a lot of UK soap names make me cringe. I'm talking both given and family names. The fact that one of Emmerdale's most important families is named the "Dingles" makes me want to vomit.

• Members

I thought it was a nickname (I did mean Dodger), I just thought it was stupid to have that as the name people used.

The Dingles are a weird bunch so the names tended to fit them, but I do think it got ridiculous at various points. I think there was a Jebediah and Obadiah, etc.

The best part of Belle's name is that fans can have a reason to say Despicabelle, etc.

In last names, the Mortons on Corrie used to annoy me. It always sounded like the salt. And Emmerdale had some dubious names for new families over the years. I can't remember the last name of the holiday cottage family, but it annoyed me.

• Members

LOL...most of these names people are listing, I dont think are bad. I think they are creative

Greenlee. WTF is a greenlee? I hate naming people after last names and this is the worst offense

to be fair, thats not his name. Its Stephen Logan

Archived