DAYS: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Someone needs to teach Guy WilSon how to kiss.

He can't act, and his stiff-as-a-board kissing is hard to watch. Just makes me want Paul and Sonny to get together even more.

In real life, Guy Wilson has to be straight. Either that, or he's a lousy lay for gay guys.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only thoughts I have for this week is that I am completely AMAZED at how the same writing regimen who gave us 2013 is writing this show right now. My God, it's so true that now that Melanie is back on we literally have a Jonas on every single episode!!! If it's not St. Daniel its Melanie!! I'm not a Melanie hater or an MB hater.. but this girl does NOT need to come back and month #1 that she's back be leading the episode counts! That is just wrong! The Jonas family is NOT the saving grace of this show!..... Casey Moss being wasted. Deidre Hall being wasted. Drake Hogestyn being wasted. Kristian Alfonso needs adventure. Maggie is meddeling - wasted. I already don't give two sh*ts about Serena and Greg Vaughan is obviously pissed about this story, as he should be. Arianne Zucker - oh my gosh wasted. Why are ALL of our great Salemites being wasted on "stories" that don't even exist! There isn't even any story on this show. There's no plot!

My other bone to pick this week - someone please give me more details about this! On Friday's episode - was that tiny ass set supposed to be the new Kirikias Mansion!?!!?!?! If that's the case, I am PISSED! I apologize, I'm not usually this crude on these boards - but this is MIND NUMBING! So, have they now cut down the sizes of BOTH the DiMera AND Kirikias Mansions!?!?! Yet Sean Christian, Molly Burnett, and Josh Taylor are STILL getting paychecks!! When I saw that mini set today (which if it's not the Kirikias set, someone PLEASE tell me)... but when I saw that set today I literally had the thought "Just end it. Write something great for the 50th.. Give me some great returns of classic characters. And then wrap it up when the contract is up in 2016." If we're going to have to watch DiMansion set turn into tiny ass study/den and Kirikias Mansion turn into what looks like the nook of a library then it's time to go. Next stop is Peapack, NJ and I don't want to have to endure that. Sure, sets aren't everything to a show - but it does limit storytelling and it does make the show hard to watch. Yet, we still have the blue room. But even with bad sets the slack can be pulled up by good story - but God knows we definitely don't have that! I'm tired. End of rant. Someone please confirm/deny for me that today's set wasn't a new permanent Kirikias set?

• Members

Daniel and Nicole had a love scene in the second segment

tumblr_mv78f3bKDG1sgl0ajo1_400.gif

Im glad Will cheated bc he and Sonny are boring as hell. They needed this. With Paul sleeping with one husband, while really wanting the other, I wonder if they are kinky enough to go for a threesome?

JL did great today. Her scenes as Teresa were the best part of the show

What the hell is wrong with Derrick, letting Sonny into Paul's room? Did he not learn his lesson from Nicole?

I wonder what the phone call Nicole got was about. At first I thought it was someone outing Paul. I really dont care about Jordan, um I mean Serena's secret

Greg Vaughn has grey chest hair. Wouldnt have guessed it from his head.

• Members

Chad and Sonny talking and hugging was really sweet (even a bit sexual), despite the fact that Chad has an agenda.

I'm interested what they'll do with him now that Rafe can't be a cop or a PI. I wonder if they'll find a way to get him out of this, change direction or write him out.

Victor: "Why does everything have to always be difficult around here?" :lol:

Really curious about where this thing with Hope & Aiden is going. I hope Aiden proves the naysayers wrong and he and Hope remain strong.

• Members

Yeah, having worked for a hotel, he would have been fired after the Nicole incident, but it's a soap. I found it interesting at end of the show, he saw Will leave Paul's room and put his wedding ring back on. Lot's of options he can do with that information. Blackmail Will, tell Paul, tell Sonny, etc. I imagine he'll pick whatever option gets him laid. laugh.png

• Members

The whole Sonny/Paul and Will/Paul scenarios in this episode were a mess, with such whiplash tonal issues. Will's impassioned plea for Paul to come out and help all those who needed a voice was nice, but on the heels of everything they'd just done, it was...I don't know, awkward or strange.

Paul pining away for Sonny (complete with hanging onto the door as if it were a liferaft - now that is "soapy," not whatever Ron Carlivati shits out onto a page) while his hookup is in the shower should have seemed skeevier than it was, but the guy who plays Paul is really good at those emotional melodramatic moments. He would have been a huge silent movie star.

Archived