Days of our Lives September 2014 Discussion

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's been HW of how many shows now? When has she increased the ratings of ANY OF THEM?? Can you PLEASE just stop insisting that JP is somehow the saviour of daytime drama? It's getting tiring. You're not right. Jean P has yet to prove herself a decent headwriter on any show she's been on.

STOP. REPEATING. YOURSELF.

• Members

Everyone seems to be loving new Chad, not sure I am going to like him because I liked Casey in the role and I didn't want the role so easily recasted after such a short absence (barely been a year). I'll take a look eventually, but him being EJ-lite sounds all kinds of annoying to me.

• Members

Now that I think about it, it really annoys me that Abby got to slap both Sammi and Chad. That little bint has some nerve. I actually like that character and actress, but after everything she's done, she can keep her hands to herself.

I don't think Chad is here to be the next EJ. Sure, he's here to help fill the void just like Eve is for Sammi, but that doesn't mean they are going to be the same character.

• Members

The writers want to have it both ways with Abbieh. They want her to tell all her supportive friends that she was wrong, that she deserve(d)(s) what she's getting, that it's understandable but, when it matters, she turns into this pissy bitch who not merely defends herself but goes on the attack. Y'all can't have it both ways. If you're gonna eat crow, eat it all the f.ck up and shut up.

And I say all this even though I quite like Abi & the actress. I just don't appreciate how she's scripted sometimes.

• Members

Oh, this show. I finally tune in again and I see Brady with his lips firmly on Dr. God's backside, Theresa all giddy John remains a vegetable, nuChad checking out his on-screen sister, this contrived zzzz-inducing Ben/Abby stuff and Sami/EJ's instant sex-me-up reunion (disappointed and YUCK and EW btw) ... come on Days. Let's get it together, please.

EDIT: Not super impressed with NuChad. I like that he comes across as overeager and willing to learn. I buy him at his place in life right now but I'm not that excited by him yet. I see potential though and I'm here for seeing Chad become a true DiMera.

• Members

Yeah. Brady praised Eric for what he did but then the writers made sure Brady called the 'doctors' (namely Daniel) heroes, etc. It was totally unnecessary and one of the biggest reasons I get so disgusted.

And Chit, that's Days. It has some GREAT weeks/months but can also very very quickly lose momentum. It's one of the most frustrating things. 2013 overall was a really solid year for the show (although the Chloe/Daniel mess was a low, and anything Jennifer/Daniel failed on every level, just like this year).

OK. NuChad has grown on me by the end of the episode. I also feel like he resembles Joe Mascolo a bit, which is nice. Good casting. He seems solid and capable so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. I like the tension Chad has already added to Ben and Abby. I could be here for this triangle. I'm just dreading it becoming all about the Red Headed Toothy one. I hope I'm wrong on that one but it's what my gut is telling me. Again, I pray I'm wrong.

EJami. Yuck. I'm so ready for them to be off my screen. Considering what they've done to each other over the years, that's probably the biggest reason why I can't stand their coupling. Otherwise, I have to admit the writing for them at times is actually good and the revenge story was somewhat solid at first, but naturally, that got screwed up by this rushed reunion that just shouldn't have happened to make the EJami stans happy. Screw the Sami fans ... for now at least. How long is Sami around after EJ exits? Not very, right? Not that I was overeager for it but it seemed like they were almost going to keep the revenge plot up, re-pair Lucas and Sami for her exit (which is why I figured Cheryl was booted so quickly after starting to gain traction) ... and then all of a sudden things shifted. With the 2 year ahead taping schedule I can't determine what was taped when and when Sweeney/Scott announced plans to leave.

Archived