Days of our Lives September 2014 Discussion

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thursday's episode: This episode was better than the others this week, as they mixed characters into scenes we don't usually see, got to see friendships in play.

Couldn't understand a word Roman said - I wonder if he has badly fitting dentures? I heard a "what da hell" and I assume there was a lot of talk about Marlena because he kept saying "duck" alot.

This Chad is ok, but it's obvious the show is trying to pivot him as a rival to EJ (to replace EJ). He lacks the prescence, confidence and looks of James Scott, so this won't work if that is the intention. He isn't a bad actor, he just can't play the alpha male this show wants him to be next to EJ.

Clyde doesn't hold women in high regard other than things to control and things to obey him. No doubt they will write Kate as weak for this, and that's what I am dreading.

• Members

Friday's episode:

I liked the fight at the club because at least that was alive.

Tammy Sue is such rubbish. It's one thing for secrets to be revealed sequentially, it's another thing thing entirely when secrets are reveled to exist sequentially between the same 2 people! Such bs.

I love Kate, but I shudder to think she will need a "strong" man to save her from either Clyde or Stefano, with her saviour and tormentor being either/or. So much for strong independent women. Kate and Koslow deserve better

Thursday and Friday were better than Monday-Wednesday, but this show is a chore to watch a lot of the time.

• Members

Thoughts on the week that was..

1) I really like NuChad... he's got some acting chops and I can totally see him stepping into the male DiMera lead role.. I approve - and he seems to really have chemistry with Abby.

2) I approve of the cast interactions this week Lucas/Ben/Sonny/Rafe and then Abigail/Ben/Chad/Will/Sonny - even Rafe/Abby. It's always so refreshing to see characters interact who aren't typical "scene partners" ... we need more interaction.

3) Jordan's mystery I could care less about - I do like that they are mixing her character up with Lucas, and maybe even Chad - but I feel this whole "Poplar Bluff" crew and mystery Co. needs to be wrapped up and dropped.

4) I'm not a huge Josh Taylor fan either - but I did like his scenes with Kate this week. Those two have always been great together. I wouldn't be opposed to the show revisiting Roman/Kate.

5) I really enjoyed the EJ/Sami reconciliation scenes this week. This entire story totally could have been written better IMO, but it also could have been much worse. The actors made it work and I approve considering I know they are wrapping these characters up.

6) Best moment of the week - Hope's letter to Bo. It was so well written. KA knocked it out of the park with her acting. It's way overdue that this story be wrapped up, but the fact that it has been SOOO long and SOO drawn out truly makes it believable and understandable for Hope to move on - if they had written this after Bo only being gone for 3 or 6 months it would have come off making Hope look bad and the way it has literally been years, makes it more believable and keeps the character of Hope in the positive light for her to move on to future romances.

Archived