Days of our Lives September 2014 Discussion

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Friday's episode:

I don't read spoilers far ahead (I watch the promo for next week and the preview pictures) so this may or may not be a spoiler: my bold prediction is that Clyde kills EJ, with Kate and Chad mixed into the mess for good measure. It was foreshadowed enough in this episode.

NuChad won me over today. I like that we can only be 80% sure of who he is double crossing at any one time. Add in his stewing for revenge against EJ, and I think the show is laying down a good foundation so that people won't miss James Scott.

Liked seeing Lucas on Friday - he plays the supporting role well.

SUSAN!

I think the show has hit the bottom trough in its weird cycle of storytelling and is on the up again (I hope)

I think the writing for Paige is fine, it's the actress that is awful delivering everything in a lifeless monotone drone because she can't emote and recall words at the same time. They are writing Paige as smart, confident, sure-fire and that girl is acting her out as doubtful, unsure and insecure.

• Members

Completely agree. They didn't even give him a chance to show the DiMera dark side. However, I do like nuChad. I do wonder how he'll fit in once EJ, Kristen are gone. Unless Stefano is coming back for a long stint, there has to be another DiMera out there for Chad to play with. DiMeras always seem to work best when they have a family member who validates, encourages, furthers a scheme.

• Members

and that's bc he was, which made sense. He wasn't raised Stefano so it wouldn't have made sense for him to be portrayed like some worldly socialite like say EJ. He was a normal teen that had his world flipped upside when he found out where his roots came from. Ever since the reveal he struggled with that and didn't instantly morph into one of them, which again made sense and was in character

• Members

Yes, but I'm still glad they moved on from that. Kristen has run her course for now. EJ is gone, for god knows how long. I doubt they'll get Stefano back long term. This show needs a Dimera to stir the pot. I just wish Chad had shown up a couple of months sooner to help with the transition.

• Members

Although Casey could play dark, I'm not sure he could anchor the family down, he seemed to lack that gravitas required. And yes, the writing never tested him, but there was something too green/youthful for him to be taken seriously as a lynchpin of what is essentially a mafia family. My inital doubts about nuChad was that he wouldn't be heavyweight enough to anchor the DiMera family. I do think he can, but he does need help beyond Stefano.

I wonder who they would bring on to beef up the DiMera family? I hope Tony/Andre stays dead. I can't see Anna returning. Peter would be an interesting choice, but the Chick-fil-A brigade won't stand for Jason Brooks returning. Renee is dead, Megan is dead, Lexie is dead, Benjy is dead. Perhaps a sorased Steven Hawk? Maybe a new son/daughter previously unheard of?

• Members

After seeing Thaao as Victor on GH, I was reminded of how much I miss him on DAYS. I would love to see a shady Tony back, not the good guy we got after the "20 years on an Island" garbage.

Or a long lost son of Tony or Andre. Stefano doesn't have to be the father of everyone.

• Members

Peter (Blake) Dimera! F--k Melissa Reeves. Sorry, not sorry. They could bring him back and work him into the Hope/Aidan story. Aidan revealed that things weren't good with his wife before she died. Maybe she had an affair with Peter and this could lead to the men being rivals of sorts. They could be cryptic about it but tease that Peter may be involved with why Bo went undercover and that he played a role in why he hasn't returned home and has fallen off the face of the map. With Bo, who was leading the case against him out of the way, Peter returns home to Salem to pick up where EJ left off, rebuilding the Dimera empire. The growing animosity between Aidan and Peter could lead Hope to start her own investigation which of course would lead her to danger.

As far as love interest goes, theres Eve who is single and looking for money to jumpstart her career and secure her daughter's future. She could fall into some information about Peter and then blackmail him into marrying her to serve her purposes. They could have a love/hate relationship which eventually develops into love. Jennifer would be convinced that the only reason she is with him is to hurt her and Eve would play it up and flaunt her marriage in her face. The more she tries to ignore them, the more it becomes apparent that she may still feel an attraction towards him which disgusts her given their history. Eve picks up on this and is determined to squash her and make sure nothing comes of it

Archived