DAYS spoilers: Kristen's return

• Members

tumblr_inline_n8useqpWOH1qjdae7.jpg

Last time we saw Kristen, she was fleeing Salem after her sex tape with an unconsenting Eric had been play for the entire town to see. But the unstable DiMera is set to return on upcoming eps of Days of Our Lives, and she’s determined to take her revenge against Marlena, John and Nicole.

While revenge is in the forefront of her mind, Kristen (Eileen Davidson) also wants to win Brady (Eric Martsolf) back, despite the shocking humiliation she inflicted upon him on their wedding day.

Keeping a low profile as she sets her plan in motion, Kristen’s first act is to lure Daniel (Shawn Christian) into her twisted scheme. Separating the doc from his family and friends, Kristen demands his assistance. Daniel is naturally torn because refusing to help could put him in breach of his code as a doctor to protect anyone whose health is in danger.

To Daniel’s surprise, Kristen has some idea of what’s taken place in Salem during her absence, and she confesses to Daniel that she is deeply troubled by the hurt that she caused Brady.

Kristen insists that she truly loves Brady and wants to make things right with him.

As for Marlena (Deidre Hall), Kristen is furious that she was responsible for exposing her sex romp with Eric (Greg Vaughan) for everyone to see. Kristen, however, takes a twisted pleasure in knowing Marlena’s actions inadvertently forced her own son to step down as a priest.

Meanwhile, Kristen’s return comes at a pivotal time, considering Brady’s recent actions. John’s (Drake Hogestyn) efforts to get his son off drugs angered Brady so much that he put his dad in grave danger. Now, Brady’s guilt is eating away at him.

Daniel makes no secret that he considers both Brady and Eric his close friends. He doesn’t understand why Kristen should risk a lengthy prison stint just to exact revenge on her old town in Salem.

Kristen is stuck by Daniel’s loyalty because of her upbringing as a DiMera, where standing by your family was hammered into her from a young age.

Daniel also gets some insight into the hurt Kristen experienced because she was unable to become a mother. It plays an important role in motivating her actions. Though Daniel has empathy for Kristen’s pain, he sees her as a seriously unstable woman with severe delusions, especially when it comes to Brady.

Kristen also has conflicting feelings as her brother EJ (James Scott). She put him in a tough position when he agreed to keep her secrets but she also thinks EJ’s involvement with Sami (Alison Sweeney) was foolish.

Back in Salem, Daniel’s extended absence creates concern, especially for his mum, Maggie (Suzanne Rogers), and his colleagues at the hospital. Maggie is particularly puzzled because of Daniel’s devotion to Parker. Victor (John Aniston) tries to reassure Maggie, but her mother’s instinct nags at her.

Whatever Kristen has planned will unfold quickly - and no doubt explosively - because portrayer Eileen Davidson is only contracted to continue with the show for a few months. In September she resumes taping her role as Y&R’s Ashley. Davidson has an agreement with Y&R to make occasional appearances as Kristen, but this particular return already has an ending in place. We can’t wait to find out what that is!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But, but, but... Kristen's return is supposed to save the show! Don'tcha know?

Okay, sarcasm off. If this moves the ratings dial, I'll be surprised.

Time for a complete overhaul of the production staff, actors and stories.

• Members

See this is a turn off. Daniel does not need anymore airtime and Kristen does not need to be wasting time on him!

Daniel/Christian continues to show us what went wrong with Daytime so many years ago when TIIC picked their "star" and forcefed that person to the audience no matter how much we kicked and screamed.

It makes no sense that, after last week, Days lost viewers :(

• Members

It's truly bizarre - sometime in the last decade, Shawn Christian became wildly unappealing. I remember his stint on Summerland on the WB with Lori Loughlin and Jesse McCartney, where he was roguish, gorgeous and a lot of fun; I thought he was going to hit it big soon. Right before that he did OLTL as the first Ross Rayburn, who was great opposite KDP, but he was tossed off the show with Florencia Lozano at the end of their pointless island remote to cover Roger Howarth's time off.

I have to believe a good part of this is their he-man, perfect hero role for him on DAYS - it just doesn't suit the guy. And unlike Thorsten Kaye, he can't get away with being quite so unkempt as Daniel. IIRC he did play sort of a bohemian surfer type on Summerland (and Ross on OLTL was similar), but it was a lot less self-serious than the great Daniel Jonas.

• Members

I like Shawn too, koos. Always have, dating back to ATWT. I'd like to see what a new writer could do with him. I think if a new writing staff took away the "God's gift to Salem" qualities Daniel has the character would be easier to take. I think even Shawn gets it sometimes that a lot of fans can't stand his character.

Archived