DAYS spoilers: Kristen's return

• Members

I also like Shawn. I loved him on ATWT. Enjoyed him on other shows. I think he is hot , and has some acting talent. But I have hated him on DAYS. Hated! He is the most forced character on all the shows. And if he was as beloved as Tomlin thinks he is the show would not be in the ratings gutter.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The level of self-righteousness displayed by Daniel and Jennifer is truly something. There have been holier-than-thou "heroes" and "heroines" on soaps for a long time -- hell, Days has had bullish "good guys" forever, but there was always more to them than that -- but it now reaches a fever pitch, seemingly constituting some characters' entire existences. Daniel is a judgmental mannequin.

• Members

I'm just at a loss for why Daniel is still on this show let alone front and center if so many fans hate him. Perhaps I'm checking out the wrong boards but every soap board I've visited has been overwhelmingly against Daniel. Even the soap mags don't seem to interested in him. So why is he still around then? Is the actor blowing the right people behind the scenes or something? It boggles my mind.

• Members

I've read on numerous boards that he scores off the charts with NBC focus groups so Bruce Evans forces the show to front burn him to the extreme. If that is true, then it doesn't matter who writes the show, Daniel will always be front and center. *sigh*

• Members

The real problem with Daniel is the character, not the actor. SC proved his meddle as a multidimensional actor on ATWT as Mike. Unfortunately, as a doctor, the character is just boring. He needs an edge and the Jennifer pairing is just wrong. If they have to insert (no pun intended) Daniel to kick-off this storyline, then have SC and ED in a hot, steamy shower - that would win people over. Give Daniel a really, really dark side - make him more Dr. Hayward and less Dr. Horton - and see what happens. The bad thing is with DAYS production schedule is that TPTB would be too afraid to see it through for fear that if audiences reject it, it would be months before they could reform him.

• Members

Hide your husbands and your sons! Emmy winner Eileen Davidson is heading back to NBC's Days of Our Lives as maniacal mantrap Kristen DiMera and, as you can see in this exclusive preview clip, she's already roped in Dr. Daniel Jonas (Shawn Christian) — literally. When last seen, Kristen had caused a major scandal in Salem when she was caught (on video!) drugging and raping Catholic priest Eric Brady (Greg Vaughan).  

Davidson hits the air Monday, July 28, but will soon be doing double duty because she's also returning to CBS's The Young and the Restless as heroine Ashley Abbott. Or is she doing triple duty? A new, unconfirmed report from People.com hints that the actress is joining the cast of Bravo's The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Eileen-Davidson-Days-Lives-Return-Exclusive-Video-1084889.aspx

Archived