American Crime: Discussion Thread

• Members

Thats his claim which may or may not be believed. Personally I think there's a lot of stuff that Taylor is hiding or might not remember accurately. 

And if Eric's version of events is even half true there may have been a period where Taylor was alone with the rest of the team or by himself where someone else (unknown) attacked him. That's all I'm saying. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

At this point I am going to believe Taylor until actual evidence proves him wrong. The point I was making is that there was already diminished capacity with Eric, which is the starting point for him losing consciousness.

Edited by Skin

• Members

Who says that they are ignoring it? Just because they found GHB on his system that proves nothing. It doesn't prove that Eric  gave him the GHB. It doesn't prove that anyone gave it to him. Where's the actual proof that it was forced into Taylors system?

The only evidence they have at this moment is that Taylor had it in his body/system. After that it's a matter of he said versus he said as to HOW the GHB got into his body. So at that point its completely understandable why they didn't pursue the case given that and all the texts.

I just dont believe in automatically rushing to judgment in situations as serious as this. 

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

Who willingly ingests GHB? It's commonly known as a date rape drug. Even if he wasn't an intended target, he was still drugged. How in the world would he be capable of consenting to anything that happened to him? I'll wait.

If anything the fact that he has clothes with GHB on them, should corroborate his story regarding the inability to consent. He was drugged. Anyone who touched him, when he could not consent is a rapist.

Edited by Skin

• Members

Yeah Kevin needs to get that a$$ whooped for this episode. So annoyed with him and the team right now. 

But most of all I'm saddened by Eric's decision/action tonight. Poor Taylor I dunno why he went...does he still feel something for Eric? Does Eric care at all about Taylor? 

Kevins parents are losing it....and so are Eric's. Next week looks crazy. I can't wait a whole damn week.  

• Members

After this past episode, I've pretty much lost interest in this show. I don't know what it is, maybe I am just so exhausted from how horrible all of these characters are, but I can't even find it in myself to muster up any kind of energy or excitement in this show to further invest. It's well written, but not a satisfying watch at all.

• Members

I can't believe that was done without a parent present, and why wasn't Eric prepped?  

The principal is letting those kids bully him. Going to his office and demanding an explanation and he's giving it to them?  He's handling this all wrong. Leslie would never be bullied by those kids!  

• Members

Going to call it: Kevin's discussion with the rest of the team about getting to Taylor, whether or not he knew what they were going to do, indicated to me they've done things on his word many times before. My bet: Either Kevin and the team raped Taylor at the party (probably without Eric, who either didn't know or thought Taylor was consenting) after he and Eric hooked up, or Kevin again 'suggested' it to the others, who committed the rape.

Leslie's big plan for the school and Eric bombed hard, and her fatal flaw is that she approaches these moving parts and human beings in a more schematic way, on a grander scale - from the point of view of pure strategy. She doesn't account for the nuances of human nature that enter into it, or rather that a lot of these people aren't as smart or hyper-aware as she is. She gets caught up in what appears to be a grand design, but doesn't account for how her design will fit the moment or the people involved. She thinks they'll just fall into place, and they don't.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Leslie is very smart. She is well educated. She has a keen insight into everyone's motivations, which is why she knew that the mother wouldn't settle. She needs to make the school accountable for their actions, and the only way that truly happens is for her case to go in front of a court. Her education, and professional acumen is what makes her so dangerous, and loathsome. Especially in comparison to the other administrators, who seem to genuinely want to help their districts. Leslie doesn't give a real damn about any of these kids. She just wants a legacy to put her name next to.