American Crime: Discussion Thread

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Huge revelations. Its amazing how the show is so slow paced yet I"m hooked on every second to the point where my eyes don't wander to check my phone or anything except during commercials.

I def got the feeling the co-captain was bi/gay. Interesting development in terms of potential motives...Regina King was just hilarious and yet moving in her scenes with the son. I hope I can be that good of a parent one day. 

• Members

I watched the first season almost until the end, before I lost interest. This season is so much better, and I find myself really invested in the rape victim.

Felicity Huffman's character is beyond despicable, almost to the extent that I want her humiliated and jobless by the very end of the series. I was so glad to see her look of shock at the very end of last nights episode. I hope they throw the book at her for her disastrous leadership throughout this season. She bullied a traumatized kid, and shamed the mother when something ugly happened at her school and now she will have to pay for it. I want her crucified for this.

Regina King is a fair second for most unlikable female character in this series, her entitlement and use of her influence and power are enough to make me want to spit nails. "Is there anything you can do for us", you should be thankful he is doing even this for you. Your son is a piece of trash, who isn't smart enough to tie his own shoe laces. You deserve nothing. "Boys' can't be raped", "is this being taken seriously?" I hate that there are real people who think like this. She is one of the driving reasons why I want her son to be persecuted for his events at this "party", in addition to his general stupidity. I'm glad his name is in the article, hopefully he loses all his scholarships, and he never gets into college or gets a job. Serve him right for his foolishness.

Don't know how to feel about the idiotic coach or Outkast in their roles. The idiotic coach seems like the guy to make a thousand apologies and excuses for "his boys" -- "He's a good boy, it's not about him", instead of actually upholding the moral right here -- which is that they never should have been drinking and they never should have been at a party with drugs. Outkast dad is unsettling me, I am not sure if he is so angry because he thinks his son might be gay or if he is angry about the legitimate righteous anger that his son was at a party where someone was sexually assaulted and his son led it.  

Edited by Skin

• Members

I think you're being overly hard on Kevin. He's just a young stupid kid who's got too much power and stardom in his hands. Anyone would be as arrogant and cocky as he is. Same with that Eric kid.

I find Felicity Huffman's character both fascinating and crazy. I have a feeling tonights episode is going to be crazy.

• Members

I'm tired of youth being used as an excuse for people making decisions that hurt other individuals and just in general being a catch all release for being a general disgusting human being. Being young does not preclude someone to having morals and doing the right things. He should be punished accordingly for his role in the sexual assault case. He deserves to have everything stripped from him. I hope more tears come his way.