What soaps should I tune into this summer

• Members

Hey all. I am an educator in North Carolina. In about 5 weeks, I will be off for an 8 week summer vacation. I have always been a long time fan of AMC, OLTL and GH in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's but since AMC and OLTL were cancelled have not tuned in to the soaps much. I've also watched Days, Y&R from time to time. With my 8 week vacation on the horizon, can anyone recommend any soaps to tune into, if any?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's pretty sad when soap fans are telling you not to watch soaps - but with the current state of all 4 at the moment, that's about the truth. On a positive note, Days has Queen Eileen Davidson returning this summer, as well as KDP from OLTL - hopefully their story will be worth watching!

• Members

Believe it or not, there are some very good soaps still on the air. Such as "Maury," and "Steve Wilkos," and even "Trisha Goddard." Check them out, I highly recommend them all! :)

• Members

Well I really like Own's "The Have and the Have Nots" its third season is premiering May 27th its a real old school soap, diverse, not pimping and propping favs just straight up and let the chips fall where they may. Here's an introduction to the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNBGk-A6ucs

one of my favorite scenes: The chronologicals

• Members

Have and Have Nots? One would be better off sticking to the horrible daytime shows

As for the question, all the current soaps stink, some worse than others. I think Days shows the most promise for summer specifically bc of one return, which Im hoping is summer since we heard about it years ago

Archived