• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Or last season...which I will get around to binge watching eventually.

I can't believe it has gone from prime tv and even got a spinoff to being vanished off Wednesday when it has almost always been there. Like Fox is punishing the whole show for what one did. smh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I was watching it earlier this year, but are behind several episodes from the fall. I need to catch up with it. From the episodes I saw this season wasn't very good outside of Andre, finally getting the chance to have a family with his new wife, Teri, her son and am finally getting have his own baby boy. Teri is lovely and I am glad that Andre is finally allowed to have some happiness, after all he's been through. That was really the best part of this season, even though last time I checked he thought he was seeing visions of Lucious' other son Kingsley.

Other than that I haven't cared much for this season. It feels flat, the character Precious is annoying and Hakeem still wasn't showing much growth. It's the last season Hakeem really needs to show growth especially since he has two kids now.I also don't care for the new villian Damion Cross, and since I'm behind on episodes, I'm not sure if he's even still around, lol. But he feels anemic as a character and I usually like Wood Harris.

I also agree that they made a mistake moving it to Tuesdays. I think that move really hurt the show, but I think that they were done with it and just threw it on Tuesdays. What a Shame. I actually think that the last couple of seasons prior to this final one were good. And I have enjoyed Empire overall as a show and will miss it. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

You are not alone, my Goodman. I fell off in Season 5 and have been meaning to rewatch it, but I've been busy.

But yeah...I agree. After all the Jussie drama and the cast standing up for him, Fox was done with the show IMHO and definitely want to send a message. Judging from the move to Tuesday, message received. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It's a bit odd right now because Andre is basically the only son left on the show - Jussie's of course gone, but so is the actor playing Hakeem. He has barely been in season six except for a few a seconds. Awkward. I guess Gabourney and Nicole Ari Parker is filling his space though, still...

It looks like the series finale will end up being a two hour "event" some time in the fall due to corona.

• Members

Has anyone heard of any backstage issue or problem with Bryshere Gray (Hakeem)? It's very strange that his role has been downgraded so much in the aftermath of Jussie's departure. Logically, his role should have expanded -- but it's nothing more than a glorified cameo at this point.